GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Not trying to be Spammy but...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Not trying to be Spammy but... Empty
PostSubject: Not trying to be Spammy but...   Not trying to be Spammy but... Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2020 1:30 am

We see quite a few drain plugs that have been stripped in the shop. Now the usual fix is to just stick a helicoil in, which is fine, but helicoils are sometimes difficult to secure and can wind out if not installed properly and some locations are actually a bit to shallow to get them to 'Bite'.

Because of that I've decided to lash out and buy a 10 x 1.5 Timesert kit to enable us to do the job permanently and accurately. Timeserts will of course be more expensive but the good thing is that once done they are infallible and unless you're a complete animal, unbreakable!

Yes, they will be more expensive, the kit costs $550+ and the inserts are more expensive than wire coils but I think it's worthwhile to go for the high quality solution.

Just letting people know.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to be Spammy but...   Not trying to be Spammy but... Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2020 3:00 am

Excellent!

I do often wonder how people bugger them. Ham-fisted much?

The amount of replacement plugs available also astounds me.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to be Spammy but...   Not trying to be Spammy but... Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 am

Shocked ham fisted.... moi??? Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to be Spammy but...   Not trying to be Spammy but... Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 am

Hamfisted describes me to a "T". I have a bad relationship with Helicoils, nothing but good results with Timeserts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to be Spammy but...   Not trying to be Spammy but... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Not trying to be Spammy but...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: