GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GTM rear shock for GRiSO

Go down 
+3
midnite
Oz1200Guzzi
nblades
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

GTM rear shock for GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu May 21, 2020 7:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looking to upgrade my rear shock on my GRiSO.
Considering. Stelvio setup, as many people on the forum have has success. I know many of the regular forum members are not overly fond of Guzzi Tech, but I wondered if anyone has any feedback about this shock. Looks like it could be a contender, and the price isn't terrible.

Kind regards, Norm
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Think from memory this is a Mupo, just sold through GTM. I can't check as I have been banned for having an opinion.
Back to top Go down
midnite
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
midnite

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2020 7:01 am

I have one, and find that is makes the ride much more compliant for my 200 lbs. Think it’s sourced from the Shock Factory in the U.K. The combined damping/compression adjustment is exceedingly easy to change (preload, not so much). Much better than stock for me!
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2020 6:43 pm

midnite wrote:
I have one, and find that is makes the ride much more compliant for my 200 lbs. Think it’s sourced from the Shock Factory in the U.K. The combined damping/compression adjustment is exceedingly easy to change (preload, not so much). Much better than stock for me!
I think your right, I checked the shock factory website, and they look the same, and the price is the same too.
Thanks for your reply
Norm
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2020 8:13 pm

I have just installed one of these on my GRiSO and have a couple hundred miles on it. I bought the M2 model with separate rebound and compression adjustment. My impression so far is that it is a HUGE improvement over the Sachs stock shock. I purchased thru Todd at guzzitech and gave him a lot of information regarding riding weight, passenger weight % of time solo luggage weight etc and Todd worked with the mfg to get the right spring and valving. When I got the shock I put it on as shipped and the ride is firm but compliant. The dampening is not harsh like the Sachs unit. In a couple days I’m leaving on a two week tour and will get a much better review of the shock. I have had Öhlins, Wilber, Penske shocks in the past so I have a pretty good idea of what good shocks are for comparison. If you order on of these I encourage you to use Todd. He is a good vendor and stands behind what he sells.
Back to top Go down
greeng5
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
greeng5

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Hi, I completely endorse groundhog105's perspective and opinions.
Todd is great to work with IMO.
i put a custom-tuned GTM on my 2009 GRiSO and have sincerely appreciated the improved cornering manners, which is what i was hoping for. Can't speak to extended travel experience but definitely appreciate the grin factor in the twisties!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:57 am

Hi Groundhog
How much more expensive is the M2 with ride height adjustment?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:57 am

Hey Jon, do you mean shock length adjustment (guessing so as they all allow preload for SAG etc) ?
GT website says you can select any length at same price but guessing it's a one off option (see below)

French Shock Factory doesn't mention length adjustment option

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:43 am

No i meant this one that i found on their website [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:04 am

It's odd because they don't offer that option if you select GRiSO & add to basket
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:10 am

They don't even offer the M2 - but the bodies look the same - I suppose for Brits the question would be how does it compare with
a Hagon Hagon shock for 100 GRiSO at £300 to £420
or a Nitron Nitron options for Norge at £400 to £650
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:54 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Hi Groundhog
How much more expensive is the M2 with ride height adjustment?

The cost difference was about $100. I found that after about 5000 miles the shock works even better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GTM rear shock for GRiSO
Page 1 of 1