12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GTM rear shock for GRiSO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

GTM rear shock for GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2020 12:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looking to upgrade my rear shock on my GRiSO.
Considering. Stelvio setup, as many people on the forum have has success. I know many of the regular forum members are not overly fond of Guzzi Tech, but I wondered if anyone has any feedback about this shock. Looks like it could be a contender, and the price isn't terrible.

Kind regards, Norm
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Think from memory this is a Mupo, just sold through GTM. I can't check as I have been banned for having an opinion.
Back to top Go down
midnite
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
midnite

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2020 12:01 am

I have one, and find that is makes the ride much more compliant for my 200 lbs. Think it’s sourced from the Shock Factory in the U.K. The combined damping/compression adjustment is exceedingly easy to change (preload, not so much). Much better than stock for me!
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 am

midnite wrote:
I have one, and find that is makes the ride much more compliant for my 200 lbs. Think it’s sourced from the Shock Factory in the U.K. The combined damping/compression adjustment is exceedingly easy to change (preload, not so much). Much better than stock for me!
I think your right, I checked the shock factory website, and they look the same, and the price is the same too.
Thanks for your reply
Norm
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: GTM rear shock for GRiSO   GTM rear shock for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2020 1:13 pm

I have just installed one of these on my GRiSO and have a couple hundred miles on it. I bought the M2 model with separate rebound and compression adjustment. My impression so far is that it is a HUGE improvement over the Sachs stock shock. I purchased thru Todd at guzzitech and gave him a lot of information regarding riding weight, passenger weight % of time solo luggage weight etc and Todd worked with the mfg to get the right spring and valving. When I got the shock I put it on as shipped and the ride is firm but compliant. The dampening is not harsh like the Sachs unit. In a couple days I’m leaving on a two week tour and will get a much better review of the shock. I have had Öhlins, Wilber, Penske shocks in the past so I have a pretty good idea of what good shocks are for comparison. If you order on of these I encourage you to use Todd. He is a good vendor and stands behind what he sells.
Back to top Go down

GTM rear shock for GRiSO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: