GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Handlebar Risers

Go down 
+6
Oz1200Guzzi
kiwi dave
Pete Roper
StuartEvans
beetle
tinotavli
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tinotavli
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tinotavli

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:35 pm

After some research the ones that seem to have the nicest fit are the ones from Onur.

Does anyone here have his contact information?

Thank you,
TT
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:10 pm

He's a member here. Send him a PM.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
tinotavli
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tinotavli

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Thank you @beetle !
Back to top Go down
StuartEvans
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
StuartEvans

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:51 am

I've got a Norge. Does anyone know if there's a kit to convert the Norge handlebars to standard handlebars?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:36 am

Is the top yoke drilled for risers or clamps? Have a look at the 'Steering' diagram in the Sport parts list. That might give an indication of a starting point at least.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:38 am

What do you call "standard"?  The Norge handlebars are already standard (for the Norge).

Otherwise, just do a swap out with one from the model you admire.  There's no kit.
Back to top Go down
StuartEvans
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
StuartEvans

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:17 am

The handlebars on the Norge have separate cast mounting brackets with a partial handlebar for each side - there is no traditional handlebar. My preference would be to have traditional handlebar so I could adjust it down a bit for a more forward driving position (too cramped for me as it is).
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:25 am

Sport mounts and bars should go straight on. There is a difference in the bars up to 2007, with 2008 on slightly shorter and a different rise and pullback. Mine is 2007 and I have 20 mm riser blocks underneath - these I made myself, so most excellent geegaws!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:26 am

you're right, I had forgotten about that. And I owned a Norge for a few years. It was not my favourite ride, to much tupperware.

I got confused because you posted on a GRiSO forum. Wouldn't you get a better response on forums that cover the Norge specifically, such as Wild Guzzi?

Back to top Go down
StuartEvans
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
StuartEvans

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:29 am

Kiwi Dave, Thanks so much for your comments and suggestion of a more appropriate MG site. I don't come on here very often and I originally joined this one because of the spark plug cap disaster that was common to both models. I just kept reading. :-)

kiwi dave likes this post

Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:49 am

Stuart you can find a pair of 1200s risers which are plug 'n' play. They are hard to find though...

I bought a used Stelvio riser for 70 euro, drilled the fork plate (two holes) and installed it very easily.
Combine it with an Aprilia Mana handlebar and you are done.

The result is very good and looks OEM.

Here some pics:

And the finishing touch

Back to top Go down
StuartEvans
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
StuartEvans

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:58 am

Voulga77,

Thanks so much for your note with suggestions. You have clearly shown a great way forward with your modification. My Norge's under cover at the minute and I don't recall exactly what I've got to work with, but your pictures have my mind running. :-)

Cheers,
Stuart

Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:22 am

The good thing with risers is that by changing the handlebar, you can find the best riding position for your taste.
I hated my Breva's riding position, my back was in pain. Now I am more confortable.
Back to top Go down
StuartEvans
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
StuartEvans

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:43 am

Exactly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:53 am

Good morning,
I plan to add Onur's handlebar risers to my bike. I know he makes two sizes of risers. Can the longer ones be fitted without changing any cables or hydraulic lines? Or do I have to go with the shorter ones to keep the stock wiring, cables, lines?
Thanks,
Alden
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 pm

My son is a machinist and he made me a set of  30mm high risers out of some scrap aluminum.  They are for general use on any bike.  I added them to my GRiSO and like the lift they provide. All worked out without changing any cable, hoses or wires.

I would like to post the picture of them, but I don't know how to get it done on here. Help ???

Thanks Street. I tried but I could not do it.  I tried again and success.

Last edited by Bill Dee on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:20 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : ad photo.)
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2021 2:54 pm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Risers   Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Handlebar Risers
Page 1 of 1