GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Trans level plug stuck

Go down 
+3
JohnA
Bulldog9
guzziownr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Trans level plug stuck Empty
PostSubject: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:53 am

I decided to change the trans oil. Looks untouched at 13K miles. Is this thing spot-welded at the factory?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:44 am

Give it a whack with a hammer straight on the face. Mine was super tight, I did this, and came right loose. Make sure you have a good allen key or socket that fits tight so as to not potentially strip the inside of the allen key hole.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:12 am

Thanks for the reply Bulldog. Still no love. Freeze spray?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:26 am

I remember mine being tough the first change. Yes give it a spray and get the proper tool. Maybe let it sit overnight if you can.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:30 am

Thanks John, I will let it sit. Multiple sprays of PB Blaster...

Probably oxidation glueing it in place.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:45 am

Something like this will give you some leverage.
Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:56 pm

That's a good looking bike John!

Yeah, I've tried some of the tools I had lying around. Breaker bars and such like have stayed out of the fray... So far anyway.

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:09 pm

I use a "Vessel" impact driver. That, and that large hammer you are showing will move the earth (or snap it off trying). The electric impact driver you also show is for smaller jobs.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:14 pm

Good looking bike Kiwi! The plug laughed at the 'lectric driver. Continue to spray and pray.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:35 pm

You can always extend your leverage by slipping an old fork stanchion over the end of your 1/2" drive. Don't do it with tools you might want to keep whole. I've used a piece of 1/2" square steel bar with a 90° bend close to the driver with success.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:56 pm

Breaker bar.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Yep, "Break-it" bar tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:31 am

With a mighty craaack! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:45 am

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:11 am

Victory ! !

Makes a guy wonder what the last guy to install the plug was thinking.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:46 am

ratso88 wrote:
Victory ! !

Makes a guy wonder what the last guy to install the plug was thinking.

He was probably thinking about lunch in the Mandello cafeteria. Bike has 13K miles. I am the third owner. scratch
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:51 am

Bulldog9 wrote:
Give it a whack with a hammer straight on the face. Mine was super tight, I did this, and came right loose. Make sure you have a good allen key or socket that fits tight so as to not potentially strip the inside of the allen key hole.

Would be interested in your feedback on the HD Shockproof gear oil. I used it in mine but it lost all the ‘feel’ to the point where it was difficult to believe it had fully engaged 1st.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:10 pm

I was expecting a big change. My '04 V11 Sport loved the stuff. The GRiSO seems indifferent, Slightly less clack on engagement. More of a click...
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:13 am

guzziownr wrote:
I was expecting a big change. My '04 V11 Sport loved the stuff. The GRiSO seems indifferent, Slightly less clack on engagement. More of a click...

Thanks for this information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans level plug stuck   Trans level plug stuck Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Trans level plug stuck
Page 1 of 1