GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

An introduction

Go down 
+6
Ranga
BigTime
Street
beetle
Pete Roper
Closetolife
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

An introduction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction   An introduction - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed 09 Sep 2020, 03:24

The main things to do are grease the swingarm bearings and shock linkages as they are rarely greased ex-factory. The steering head bearings often benefit from this as well.

As for 'Maximising Performance'? There is little that is worthwhile doing to the engine of a roller tappet bike apart from swapping out the sump and spacer gaskets to avoid oil pressure problems. Chasing horsepower is fruitless. A few extra HP is all you will get and even chasing them will rob you of midrange and bottom end. Making sure it's tuned correctly, removing the intake snorkel but NOT modifying the airbox and sticking with the stock air filter coupled to your choice of aftermarket muffler WITH dB killer installed, (Mark and I both recommend the Mistral Hi-Pipe for best torque.) and one of Mark's, (Beetle's) maps to suit will deliver you a deliciously torquey engine that will pull bigly and cleanly from nothing to rev limiter with a beautiful, flat torque curve. In this trim it will make 'About a hundred' real BHP at the rear wheel.

Spend all your money on suspension and brakes if you want to farkle. It will pay much greater dividends than snake oil promising huge gains in power which aren't achievable with the 8V head design and camming.
Back to top Go down

An introduction
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2