GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust

Go down 
+2
beetle
Bbbbbbad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:13 am

I haven't noticed it before but after I balanced the TBs I have what sounds like a loose rubber belt noise / small bird squeaking from the exhaust

It's noticeable from idle and particularly if I blip the throttle

As the only belt is on the alternator and that's at the front and this noise seems to be from the exhaust I'm wondering if balancing the TBs could create a resonance or something ?

I haven't looked at the Alt belt yet but the noise isn't coming from the front
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:20 am

Possibly something resonating. What pipe? If it's a Termi, that's highly likely.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:34 am

It's a Scorpion - straight through, no baffle

I'll try adjusting the TB air screw slightly and see what happens
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Yeah, I awoke in the wee hours and cried out "it's not a Termi".

Please excuse my bad memory. I can barely remember what I did yesterday.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:46 am

Big singles and twins occasionally have a chirping exhaust sound. Never bothered to investigate but could be a very slight air leak or part of the international baffle tube resonating. My time spent owning/ riding Guzzi twins is far to brief to claim that I have noticed this characteristic on GRiSO’s etc.
Put a rolled up cloth over the exhaust outlet to mute the sound and possibly help identify the source.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Cracked pretzel?
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:23 am

Mine makes that sound and I do have a Termi, though put my sound down to the heat from then engine expanding an already swollen fuel tank and making it squeak from all over the place Laughing
I also thought the charging belt was flapping but only does it once the engine is warmed, yet to figure that one out, thats if have even figured the first one Shocked
These are the only two things I dislike about this bike, strange sounds that are nothing to do with the engine top end sounds...weird Surprised
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Bbbbbbad wrote:

It's noticeable from idle and particularly if I blip the throttle

I had a missing bolt on the oil cooler housing that caused the housing to vibrate and sound exactly like a loose/worn alternator belt.
It acted and sounded exactly as you've described.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust   Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rubber Belt / Bird Squeaking Noise From Exhaust
Page 1 of 1