GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics Empty
PostSubject: 5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics   5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm

I just happened on the website of ACtronics, a UK firm that remanufactures automotive ECUs, including the Marelli 5AM series. The company offers units for Grisos and other CARCs as well as Centauros. They maintain a stock of ECUs and do an exchange service. They should be cheaper than buying new.

Besides being a potential source of replacement ECUs, the website has an interesting discussion of failure modes. They say the main problem for Marelli 5__ series ECUs is in the ignition firing circuit, where a failure of an ignition coil is said to lead to failure of the ECU. They recommend replacing ignition coils to save the ECU in this circumstance. This could be something to think about for us.

I searched but didn't find any previous mention of this company on the forum. Hope it will be of interest: actronics.co.uk .

Moto
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: 5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics   5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:13 am

Interesting. Maybe they only fail on other brands using this ECU!
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: 5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics   5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:47 am

Yes, that puzzles me too. I don't remember any ECU failures. Maybe they are only common in other, automotive models of the 5__ series. Another site I found last night said that the 5AM has a smaller form factor, suited for motorcycles.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: 5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics   5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:51 am

Probably Ducati's.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: 5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics   5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:54 am

Oops. I just modified my post to suggest it could be automotive (Fiat, mainly) ECUs in the same 5__ series. I think Ducatis use the 5AM like Guzzis.
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

PostSubject: Re: 5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics   5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:28 am

This company in the UK also rebuilds them for $160. I have no experience with the company. I had just come across it while looking at Fiat dash repair.
ecutesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics   5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

5AM ECU remanufacturer, ACtronics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: