GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

2014 Key Programming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ssmith996
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ssmith996

2014 Key Programming Empty
PostSubject: 2014 Key Programming   2014 Key Programming Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:42 am

I just brought home a used 2014 GRiSO.  Unfortunately, it came with only one key.  I did purchase a blank and have yet to get it cut.  Once I get it cut, how do I program it?  I would hate to lose my only key and be relegated to only staring at my GRiSO in the garage.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Key Programming   2014 Key Programming Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:44 am

Do you know the bike's user code?
Back to top Go down
ssmith996
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ssmith996

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Key Programming   2014 Key Programming Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:45 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Do you know the bike's user code?

Unfortunately, I do not. I bought it on-line from a dealership in Connecticut.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Key Programming   2014 Key Programming Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:07 am

Well I'm that case you can't. You can programme more keys through the dash but to do so you need to know the user code as the dash will ask for it before 'Recognising' the new key.

What I would do is go to the 'Change the code' function and try the last five numerals of the VIN# and if that doesn't work try a few simple combinations, 11111, 00001, 12345, 54321 etc. If the dash recognises one of them it will tell you to insert a new code, (Choose something you won't forget!) if it's wrong it will just say 'Incorrect code' and take you back to the main menu.

If you do fluke it, insert the new code and then go into 'Change the key'. It will ask you to insert your user code and after you've done that it will say 'Insert second key'. Turn off the ignition and remove the key and the dash will remain illuminated and counting down to zero from 20. Insert the second key and turn the ignition on and in a couple of seconds it will say 'Insert third key'. Remove the second key and wait for the dash to count down to zero and turn off. Wait thirty seconds before re-inserting the key and turning the ignition on and 'Voila' both keys should work! You can store up to four or six keys in the dash, (Can't remember which?) Of course once you have more than two keys it's a guarantee that you'll never loose one! Laughing

If you can't crack the code you're a bit stuck. You can get the original key cloned and it will work but because it's a perfect clone the dash doesn't recognise it as a second key so you can't use the 'Code Recovery' function to set a new code. Also, if you don't have the code and you have a problem with the antenna the bike won't be able to be started and you'll need to call a tow truck.
Back to top Go down
ssmith996
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ssmith996

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Key Programming   2014 Key Programming Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:13 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Well I'm that case you can't. You can programme more keys through the dash but to do so you need to know the user code as the dash will ask for it before 'Recognising' the new key.

What I would do is go to the 'Change the code' function and try the last five numerals of the VIN# and if that doesn't work try a few simple combinations, 11111, 00001, 12345, 54321 etc. If the dash recognises one of them it will tell you to insert a new code, (Choose something you won't forget!) if it's wrong it will just say 'Incorrect code' and take you back to the main menu.

If you do fluke it, insert the new code and then go into 'Change the key'. It will ask you to insert your user code and after you've done that it will say 'Insert second key'. Turn off the ignition and remove the key and the dash will remain illuminated and counting down to zero from 20. Insert the second key and turn the ignition on and in a couple of seconds it will say 'Insert third key'. Remove the second key and wait for the dash to count down to zero and turn off. Wait thirty seconds before re-inserting the key and turning the ignition on and 'Voila' both keys should work! You can store up to four or six keys in the dash, (Can't remember which?) Of course once you have more than two keys it's a guarantee that you'll never loose one! Laughing

If you can't crack the code you're a bit stuck. You can get the original key cloned and it will work but because it's a perfect clone the dash doesn't recognise it as a second key so you can't use the 'Code Recovery' function to set a new code. Also, if you don't have the code and you have a problem with the antenna the bike won't be able to be started and you'll need to call a tow truck.

Thanks for the quick response and the information! I will try the default code. Maybe the previous owner was as lazy as I am. Come to think of it, the previous owner's name is on the title, and I made a copy of it. If it is not the default, I will try to contact him. Thanks again!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Key Programming   2014 Key Programming Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:17 am

The default code is 00000 and if that is still stored the dash shows the message 'Do not forget to insert your user code' at the bottom of the screen on start up.

Do not mistake the 'User Code' for the 'Service Code' they are totally different and the Service Code cannot be changed. That's the 12425 code shown at the header to the GrisoGhettp board.

Last edited by Pete Roper on Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ssmith996
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ssmith996

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Key Programming   2014 Key Programming Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:35 am

Pete Roper wrote:
The default code is 00000 and if that is still stored the dash shows the message 'Do not forget to insert your user code' at the bottom of the screen on start up.

No not mistake the 'User Code' for the 'Service Code' they are totally different and the Service Code cannot be changed. That's the 12425 code shown at the header to the GrisoGhettp board.

I just texted Mike Baldwin (the ex-GP racer), he sold me the bike from the HD dealership in Connecticut. Maybe he can contact the previous owner. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Key Programming   2014 Key Programming Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

2014 Key Programming
Page 1 of 1