GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New bike silly question department !

Go down 
+7
tvboy
RedMogAndy
paulbrice
eeyore
Pete Roper
JohnA
dietcokeman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dietcokeman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dietcokeman

New bike silly question department !  Empty
PostSubject: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:30 am

Hi Guys

Ok so I picked up a new to me 1200Se today , 2015 with only 2k miles on it , so it's pretty minty , and I am one fussy bugger when it comes to condition . Any way a few questions if I may .......

There appears to be two small marks in the tank top surface just to the left of the fuel cap when sitting on the bike , anyone offer an explaination for these, they don't appear to be bubbles in the paint more like moulding marks in the plastic under the painted surface ,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are the graphics painted on or merely graphic vinyl type of affair I can't make it out with the naked eye .

Also will a Tenni SE seat fit this model year , I'm tempted to Tenni the bike .

Thanks in advance
Bryan
Back to top Go down
dietcokeman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dietcokeman

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:37 am

Sorry one other thing , I've got a termigoni from an old 1100 GRiSO I had 2009 , it looks like it will fit but will I need to do anything for fuel mapping or the ecu etc , if so where can I get this info, I'm in the U.K. By the way
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:59 am

DC Man,

Ethanol gas can distort the GRiSO tank but since your not in the US that’s not the reason. I’m guessing just imperfections when the tank was made.
Beetle will hopefully be along shortly to help you with your mapping question. He most certainly has a map for that pipe which will make it run wonderfully. You can go to GRiSO.org to check out the maps he has. I loaded one for the stock pipe which made a huge difference. You’ll need cables for the Guzzi diag software for downloading the map and other functions. Did you have this gear when you had your other GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
dietcokeman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dietcokeman

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:56 am

No John , I bought my original 1100 with a stock pipe then just bolted the termignoni straight on , can't say I remember any issues with it , so I guess I'll have to get the cables etc , I hate this sort of thing , if it's not mechanical , I play with mechanical wrist watches too so big mechanical and small mechanical is fine , but electrics ........that's the devils work ! I really hope this mapping thing and the cable isn't too much for this old git to work out , I only just found out what a USB is ! Honestly I'm hopeless with techi stuff . Where do I get these cables ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:49 am

Beetle has written a long and exhaustive explanation in the tech section and also on his GRiSO.org website. You also need the tooling to tune the bike properly. Read up on that carefully before you touch the throttlebodies.

As for the seat question? Any seat will fit any year GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 pm

DC,
Don’t know exactly where you are located but maybe one of our members close can help-would be my suggestion if this isn’t your thing. Where in the UK are you exactly?
Back to top Go down
dietcokeman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dietcokeman

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:36 pm

I'm in the midlands John not far from a well known Guzzi dealer that has just packed up after 35years , Twiggers of Loughborough.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:59 am

dietcokeman wrote:
I'm in the midlands John not far from a well known Guzzi dealer that has just packed up after 35years , Twiggers of Loughborough.

Not far from me.
When MG UK sold the Termi as an official option they didn’t offer any changes to the engine map - not suggesting that this was the ideal situation but it was a dealer fit bolt on part.
Also check with your insurance provider. Many provide cover for bikes with a change of silencer if it offers no performance enhancement. Mine will not offer cover if the ecu is ‘mapped’.
Back to top Go down
dietcokeman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dietcokeman

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Just to be clear I don't have a Tenni , I have a 2015 SE in black and silver, just picked it up yesterday , but I have a Termignoni from years ago that was on my 2009 1100 GRiSO , though I cannot find the DBKiller for it . I haven't tried it yet but reading here suggests it won't run properly if I do just fit it without a remap ? As for insurance that's a good point , I will have to check .
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:53 pm

The Termi will fit. No you don't have to remap although it will run better if you do. It will also run better with a dB killer in but the lack of one won't have as profound an effect on the running as a pipe without a catalytic converter.
Back to top Go down
dietcokeman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dietcokeman

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:44 pm

Thanks Pete, can anyone tell me where I can buy a replacement DB Killer , and also .......will a Tenni seat fit my 2015 bike ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Yes, I'd already said that in another thread. Any seat off any model GRiSO will fit on any other GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:32 am

Let us know if you want any mapping help - I'm sure one of us will be happy to meet in a quiet lane somewhere with cables, guzzidiag & a laptop....
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:30 am

And, the black stripes on the tank are tape, as are the silver ones on the lower covers Smile
Back to top Go down
dietcokeman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dietcokeman

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:14 am

Thanks for the feed back guys. So does anyone know where I might get a DB Killer for my Termignoni? Or anyone got one they could lend me and I'll get one ( or more ) made up .
Back to top Go down
dietcokeman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dietcokeman

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:23 am

Also does anyone know the paint code for the GRiSO tenni green ?
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:49 am

There's a paint company on-line called TOUCHUPDIRECT.COM
They show the 2011 Moto Guzzi GRiSO green code as MOT008.

I don't know if this is their code or Moto Guzzi's code. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:54 pm

Hi just browsing old posts whilst rest of family watch strictly on TV. Just wanted to say that am just down the road from loughborough in sunny Wymeswold.

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:44 am

LOL reminds me of student days when I use to ride out with girlfriend to Hammer & Pincers (Kawasazi Z650 in those days) - great roads
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:15 pm

It was crew and harper Swarkstone Bridge for me back in the late 70s on  xs750. But yes better riding around here than you think. Head over Belvoir Castle way on the lanes is always a favourite.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Lots of Db Killers on fleabay - post the internal diameter that you need - i have a couple somewhere

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:04 pm

You won't be able to buy a DB killer for a Termi unless your lucky enough to find one used somewhere. I tried for ages without luck. You could get one made but will probably cost you. I had prices from $350 to $600. It was cheaper to buy a new muffler. And the Termi is loud without it, so loud it drove me insane when riding. I think I got a pic of a DB killer for it somewhere if you want one. I also tried a couple of eBay DB killers they did strange things to the sound and performance.
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Having said that. These might work from a Ducati[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:41 pm

The termi will pop and crackle on the overrun with the stock map. Would likely be worse without the dB killer. A bit of map tweaking is required.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:56 pm

The bonafide Tenni paint comes from a German source, Glasurit if I'm not mistaken...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bike silly question department !    New bike silly question department !  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New bike silly question department !
Page 1 of 1