GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
whyrichard
Carlotto
Carlotto
whyrichard

Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?  Empty
PostSubject: Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?    Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?  Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:01 am

Hey guys,

So i'm super excited to have the guzzi up and running, a trunk and tankbag all close to setup...

I'm used to doing longer trips, all backroads. these would sometimes be cross country trips that take a month, solo. I would use paper maps for these primarily, and only gps when needing to navigate a denser area.

Now I live in New York City, have two kids, and need to adapt or let my moto love die... it won't happen!

So, i am wondering if you all can recommend any apps for the iphone that are geared towards finding and navigating good motorcycling roads... google maps is primarily geared to getting to a destination as quickly as possible --not interested. I am wondering if there is an app that would do what i use paper maps for... i would highlight all the roads that looked good, pick an eventual destination, and then just try to hit as many of the good roads as possible - time be damned.

any suggestions?

thanks,
r
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?    Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?  Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Eat, Sleep, Ride (ESR) should be in your app store. Let's you record your rides, and see others near you.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?    Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 am

I'm using the TomTom ap. It doesn't require cell service to function in real time. You down-load the map area you want and it stays in the phone. Then all it needs is a GPS signal. It's very user-friendly IMO and it has features that let you avoid highways, toll roads, etc and you can select twisty roads. It works well for me.
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Carlotto
Carlotto
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?    Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:31 am

I would take a long look at an app called Scenic. I did some deep diving into several apps some months ago, and concluded that Scenic might be the way to go, but since there's not yet an Android version I'm SOL. Most of the others I deleted before even leaving the house.
Back to top Go down

Best App for motorcycle touring / scenic / sport mapping?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: