GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings from France

Go down 
+4
Oz1200Guzzi
rick pope
paulbrice
lablame
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lablame
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lablame

Greetings from France Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:01 am

Good evening !

My name is Jerome. I am 33, living in Burgundy, in the east of France.

I own a 1200 GRiSO 8V since august 2019, bought euros with only 15 000 km, non rollerized. Today it has 19 000 km, I rollerized it by myself, installed GPR exhaust and a beetle map.

I have other modern bikes, mopeds and old bikes.

I read for some time the forum and I continue learning each day, I expect to bring you my personal experience on some points.

My english is far away from being perfect, so please I beg your pardon for all the mistakes I will do.

Thanks,

Jerome

Steak, Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:25 am

Welcome Jerome, look forward to seeing pictures of your bike !. Don't worry about english as none of us here know what perfect/correct is (if it exists) & your post looks at least as good as anything else here Wink....and our french is terrible (in general).

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:26 am

Jerome,

Welcome to the Ghetto. Your English is far better than my French. Very Happy

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Bonjour Jerome.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Mmmmmmmm, Burgundy....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan and stimpetta like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:10 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Jerome! As the others said, don't worry about your English, we can understand you perfectly well.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
lablame
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lablame

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:53 pm

Good morning !

Thanks all for your messages :-)

That is true that I never took photos of my bike, just when it was dismantled....

This gap must be corrected

Something very well known about Burgundy too :

Bill Hagan, moto and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:50 am

Yay escargot!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:28 am

Welcome, Jerome, from the top of Virginia … although, to be more accurate -- and relevant, given your own location at the moment — Erie.

Whenever I am here, I think of France and the intrepid French of several centuries ago who were here then.  There are always reminders.  For example, see these pix, taken yesterday along French Creek in NW Pennsylvania.  

I rode here on my Norge, not GRiSO, but will remedy that next trip.

More about the “why” of all of that here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And, just imagine if that Seven Years War had turned out differently, I and many here might be apologizing to our English-language readers for our poor grasp of that language.  Your own use of English is commendable; my French would make you weep.   Wink

Off now to my in-laws.  The things I do for a happy marriage.   queen  cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
lablame
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lablame

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Thanks !

I am really impressed by Earth, Nature, buildings made by humans, all type of object. They all have a different lifetime, way longer than our.

10 years ago, my wife was genealogist, and I drove her and three Americans. One of them made his own genealogy and found out that he has a French ancester, who was living near Le Puy en Velay in a small hamlet.
We made a local tour with them, and found houses in this hamlet which were contemporary to the ancester.
That was a big emotion to think about this French guy, leaving home to America (when most of population did not go far away 15km from home in all her life, that should have been a hard decision), and 250 years later, one of his descendant found back the hamlet, his own name on memorials (in each village with at least 20 names of locals dead at WWI), breathe the same air...
That was a BIG moment !

My ancesters lived 60 km from where I am now living, this is less impressive  Razz

"Si les murs pouvaient parler" "If walls could speak" if what I think when I visit a castle, in the same, but also with my house walls which are from early 1800's.

My wife made the genealogy of our house, it is to say the different owners in its history. Just thanks to archives on Internet, we can go back to 1870s. Awesome. Until 1930s, our kitchen was a forge. When I digged the terrace in front of, I discovered a lot of horseshoes, and a big and heavy grinding stone that was too big to be moved easily, so they just buried it.

Our French history is also full of turns in History. German could have been my native language for instance.

"Si ma tante en avait, on l'appelerait mon oncle" "if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:47 am

" "if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle"

My dad used to say that all the time. Small world indeed.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:37 am

Alas, what I have learned many times here in the ghetto, is that BOB is your uncle...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:55 pm

LOL. Don't worry mang. Been in the US for 30 years now and me still no speaky Anglish.
Par contre, l'Ardechois...sans problemes. lol
Bienvenue chez les fous! bounce

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from France   Greetings from France Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings from France
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-