GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Oil cooler cover I don't have.

When you say 'Cover' do you mean the plastic grille or the actual housing itself? Housing isn't cheap, about $370 US. The plastic grille is only $10 US.

Depending on whether it will save you money I can order this stuff from Europe and send it straight to you. It won't cost you any more than buying it direct, I just make money on trade discount as I put tens of thousands of dollars through their business every year. Some stuff is cheaper in the US because of the mad pricing policies of Moto Guzzi USA but with the $US being so strong it pays to shop around.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Good grief! AF1 want $833 for the housing! And here was I thinking $370 was outrageous! That won't be down to the blokes at AF1 who are good people. That'll be the weird pricing policy at corporate!
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:17 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Good grief! AF1 want $833 for the housing! And here was I thinking $370 was outrageous! That won't be down to the blokes at AF1 who are good people. That'll be the weird pricing policy at corporate!

Yeah the price on the oil cooler housing (that's what I need, the big piece) was crazy at AF1 so I didn't order it. My insurance guy gave me an estimate of 312.47 but I noticed that was in pounds on the web site and he converted directly to US dollars! So I sent him back to work on that some more. But $370 sounds right to me, so if you can do that I'll take it!

I'll PM you to sort out the details.

Thanks Pete!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:31 pm

OK, just got your PM and replied. Definitely good savings on the housing but AF1 have a better price on the valve cover. Make sure it is part#GU872607. This is the earlier type of cover that you require. Later ones are different and won't work on your bike.

PS. All our valve covers are at Michael's workshop. I can nip around later and see if we've got a refurbished one. They look as good as new and I can do one of them for $100AU.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuZeee
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 pm

OK the bike is all fixed up and running great! It was pretty easy. I didn’t replace the cylinder head, it’s just some paint scraped off some of the fins. I attempted touching up with black paint but need to do a better job with some heat-resistant flat black. Other than that it’s better than before because...

I added motogadget bar-end turn signals and new motogadget glassless mirrors. Looks amazing! Expensive parts but I had a lot of insurance money to play with so why not make some improvements along the way.

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Hey man, glad to hear you've got your GRiSO sorted and back on the road cheers
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 am

ratso88 wrote:
Hey man, glad to hear you've got your GRiSO sorted and back on the road cheers

Thanks! It was a lot less of a problem than I had feared.

And thanks to Pete for getting me the parts I needed; they came from Australia in just 2-3 days!

Back to top Go down
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 1:25 pm

Great stuff Guzeee. With help from Pete via the forum a heap of crap turned out good.
Really pleased
Back to top Go down

Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: