GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What is an acceptable driveline clonk?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter-3d
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Peter-3d

What is an acceptable driveline clonk? Empty
PostSubject: What is an acceptable driveline clonk?   What is an acceptable driveline clonk? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:55 am

My GRiSO 1100 4v 2007 seems to have a lot of rotational slop in the driveline when back wheel is off the ground and Le Clonk when letting clutch out or feathering is annoying. Is there an acceptable measurement tolerance of slop? Looked through workshop manual and through these archives but couldn’t find a measurement. I guess the play could be measured as a rotational direction angle with the wheel off (where did I leave my old timing disc) but I dont know what to compare it to.
Just had a thought - my iphone LEVEL app might be useful perched on a wheel spoke.
Any thoughts on acceptable/excessive lash appreciated
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What is an acceptable driveline clonk? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is an acceptable driveline clonk?   What is an acceptable driveline clonk? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:19 am

The backlash in that situation is quite normal. It's the backlash between the dogs of the selector system.

The 'Clonk' will be a mixture of the reaction rod bushings and, on an 1100, the face cam shock absorber on the gearbox input shaft. Dealing with the rod bushing is easy. The shock absorber? Bit harder.
Back to top Go down

What is an acceptable driveline clonk?
Page 1 of 1