GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
Bill Hagan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content Empty
PostSubject: V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content   V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:24 am

It's the middle of November, so ride reports in this part of the planet are getting more scarce, so trust I may be forgiven for this post being GRiSO-less.  Sad

Wait a minute.  There is a glimpse of my GRiSO in at least one pic, so this is not entirely devoid of GRiSO content!   Wink

So, a Guzzi friend in Rochester, N.Y., has a wife who is as indulgent as my Kathi.  She and their daughters surprised Bob 10 years ago on his 60th birthday with a new Guzzi.  They recently reprised that gift with another on Bob’s latest.  Priceless!  cheers

Guzzista and N.J. friend, Nick, and I saw this as an opportunity and excuse for a road trip.  After all, a new Moto Guzzi must be blessed with Grappa!   Thumbs Up

So, Nick and I rode from here at the top of Virginia to Rochester this past Sunday, spent Monday in area, and came home on Tuesday.

We were blessed ourselves with some incredibly fine weather on all three days, but were sure glad we got home before yesterday’s drenching rain.

But, of course, you ache for the pix.  

The link opens in what Smugmug calls “collage landscape,” which means you can see all of the pix at once.  And, if you care, hover your cursor over a pic to see the captions.  Some captions are truncated in the wee pix, so — again, if you care ;-) — open the guilty photo to see the full comment.

Blessing Guzzis in Rochester

1921!

Bill

P.S.  For the nervous “Kovid Keepers” out there, know that, with occasional exceptions, Nick, I, and the others followed the rules in public.  Well, OK, with the possible exception of our actual invasion of New York State without a C-test! :-)

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Oz1200Guzzi, JohnA, Nobleswood, YanksTT and rick pope like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content   V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:27 am

Nice pics Bill & weather looked a treat Smile ....so envious & so much other content I didn't even notice lack of GRiSO's

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Weißgerät
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Weißgerät

PostSubject: Re: V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content   V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:15 am

Thanks Bill, great photos and story (as always) but did miss pix of the GRiSO on the road!

Blessing Guzzis in genuine grappa? My inner guzzisti is very much split on that subject! Shocked

Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content   V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:04 am

Bill, this batch of pics seems better in some way than some of your other collections. Perhaps the weather/sky condition/sun angle, new camera, different approach you take with the task perhaps? I don't know, but whatever it is I sure enjoy your trips. Maybe I could retire one day and come that way and join in.
Thanks for your input on the Dart screen a couple of weeks ago. It's much more than I expected and I never considered the difference in aero would affect the handling like it does. Magnifico.
Cheers

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content   V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Another great travelogue, Bill - keep 'em comin', it never gets old!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content   V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:58 am

Great as always Bill. Will grappa improve my photography?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content   V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

V7 Trip with Grappa -- But No GRiSO! -- Content
Page 1 of 1