GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My dream bike dream is on the line here!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mattsway
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mattsway

My dream bike dream is on the line here! Empty
PostSubject: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Evening peeps! I am a long-term admirer of your Grisos and would love to join the flock one day when I can intercept sufficient cash, so...
I've read it's a long reach to the bars and wonder if my 5'7" frame (30" inside leg) is going to get me there whilst maintaining a reasonably upright position?
Am I in or out 🤪?
Thanks, Matt.
Back to top Go down
Street
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Street

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Welcome, Matt! My dimensions are about the same as yours and I find the GRiSO fits me quite nicely. A lot of the taller folks complain about feeling cramped and resort to lowered foot pegs to create more legroom, but I haven't had a need to go that route.

Pete (Street)

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Mattsway
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mattsway

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Welcome Matt? 😂😂😂
Thank you so much for such a fast response, especially as my dreamr remains alive ! There are a few 1100's for sale that are nearly within financial reach. With reviews always referring to the long wheelbase, I thought the bars would be a problem. The weight should be fine as I used to own and enjoy a Z1000J2 when I was a lad, back in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Welcome Matt
Jon from Bristol I am 5'9" and 29 inside leg the GRiSO fits fine the reach to the bars is not unatural just different to some Smile
Used to be a Londoner long ago Smile
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Matt, Like all bikes, rider position is the key to enjoyment. There are more than enough options to get it just right for you. I have a Sport and the bars were a long way off - I'm a shortarse, just for the record. 20 mm spacers under the handlebars is just right for all day riding, for me.

First get one, then plan your relationship, for long-term enjoyment.

Remember she'll be your Italian mistress, so gee-gaws need to be appropriate and tasteful!

Oh, and welcome...

Back to top Go down
Mattsway
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mattsway

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:53 am

Great news, thanks all! I'll get on with mining the site for relevant info - buying and maintaining. Feasting on the pics should keep me happy through Christmas and New Year 😍

Back to top Go down
Gunnar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Gunnar

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 am

Hi Matt,

I drive a GRiSO 1200 since june this year. I'm about your size and knee angle is not a problem form me, but when switching from my 1200GS I always find myself searching for the pegs at quite the wrong spot.

Riding position is critical, you will notice a difference of 1-2 centimeters of handlebar height/position. Original setup is clearly to much forward oriented for my comfort. Then again: Its not unusual tha one individual have 2 cm longer arms than another, so no rule is applicable here. The speed is another factor to consider. Riding with no windshield and standard bar eqilibrium occurs at around 100 km/h in my case. With a flyscreen maybe att 120.

With 20 mm spacers at the upper yoke, and a small windshield I find highway speeds (110) a okey.

Now I search for either a higher handlebar or some kind of upwards-backwards arrangement of around 40-60 mm - I am happy for links to relevant places in this forum from you that have travelled this long and winding road.
Back to top Go down

My dream bike dream is on the line here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: