GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Has anyone fitted a dashcam?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:22 am

and if so, is there a good place to hide the control box, fore & aft cameras etc. before I commit to it?
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:08 am

I haven't installed a dash cam kit but I did need room for my tire repair kit/compressor and I found if I removed the snorkel from the air box I had a nice usable space. (You still need to allow for ample air flow)
Maybe your cam control box can slide in under the tail light.
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:58 am

So, seems not then . . . thanks tvboy for the suggestion - it looks like there may be room under the snorkel but, if not, removing it still gives access to the tail void.
I only have this on the to-do list as this was one of the first questions the cops asked after my V11 LeMans was hit by a low flying scooter last year Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:10 am

Those scooters are the worst! ha. I've toyed with the idea of cameras to show the insurance company if I get slammed by someone. Haven't pursued it yet.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:19 am

Control box? Hmm. The dashcam I have in my car is self contained. What is this 'control box' you speak of?

scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:38 am

Beetle, There are some bike camera kits that have a separate box that houses the recorder, power connections,etc. The camera or cameras then cable to the control box. I read where one kit has a G force sensor in the box that saves everything if it detects a shock (ie crash).

The sky's the limit with these things.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Personally i would avoid having a dashcam unless you can be 100% certain that in the hour before the accident your camera would not show you doing anythign illegal or that could be described as "high risk".

If it does show anything like that guess where the easy prosecution is?
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:35 pm

I've considered that as well. I think I wouldn't tell anyone about it unless it was in my best interest. jus sayin. A GoPro hanging off your helmet is inviting the police to take a look.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:35 pm

My car’s dashcam has crash detection. It activates in dips at speed. It also has a GPS and stamps the location and speed. You don’t want the speed stamped. Just sayin’.

It also records my bad singing and routine cursing. I must turn that off.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:57 am

Thought about that, and was looking at this sort of thing VSYSTO Motorcycle Camera - NO GPS and a fairly compact controller.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:19 am

The reviews are quite impressive for that unit. Especially for the price.
Let us know if you get it and how it works.

RedMogAndy likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 am

Maybe not useful, but I have a sport and I have put the "control unit" under the seat, started off near fuse panel but then moved to where the ABS control unit would have been (if I had it). Not too familiar with the GRiSO's.

The rear camera is really discreet mounted on rear mudguard under handrail next to rear light assembly, the front is by wing mirror on clutch side again not in your face obvious.

I did find the accident trip woudl happen a lot on our rough roads so wrapped the unit in a bit of foam so reduced the amount of saved recordings.

RedMogAndy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone fitted a dashcam?   Has anyone fitted a dashcam? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Has anyone fitted a dashcam?
Page 1 of 1