GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Duh! anybody know about this

Go down 
+11
Mr Griso
Grisodude
ecs
Uzidzit
Grisonut
beetle
Steak
Phang
Pete Roper
DungeonMaster
mark111
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:39 am

They do have an obligation to deliver the product to the customer, functional and as they designed (AND HOMOLOGATED FOR THAT MKT!) this fell into the category of not as was designed... I oddly would have said that if they had matched the components ie supplied an entire E1 system there would be little room to complain UNLESS that would mean that the bike would technically run afoul of your import laws.

When you design make and test a product, you do not have the option, when it is a regulated product of doing whatever you want and shipping it, it has to be match what you say you are doing...but I work in the medical device field now and we are stricter than any one on these details.

Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Uzi,
You are perfectly correct but as most of us know this isn't always the attitude of big companies or more correctly the minions who work in critical areas such as service or warranty.
They could have easily argued that as the bike was 4 years old anything could have happened to it and someone could have bought a seconnhand pipe from ebay etc. and repalced it for whatever reason.
This hasn't occurred as I know the original owner and trust him but if they wanted to be difficult they could have.
Maybe this is an indication of the relationship JSG have with Piaggio which is a positive for us in Oz as it seems some other markets aren't so well served.
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:43 pm

lucky your not in North America i Guess
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:42 am

I noticed an interesting side issue with this issue today.
Pulled the valve covers off to check the tappets, I was putting new plugs in so I was half way there anyway.
When I pulled the right side plug it was a bit black indicating a rich mixture but more interesting/concerning was the creamy goop inside the valve cover.
The right side has the long pipe with no catalyst in it i.e. the standard pipe.
On the left side the plug was much cleaner and the valve cover was clean inside.

When I bought this bike a couple of months ago I pulled the valve covers off to adjust the noisy tappets and found large amounts of the goop on the right side and only a tiny bit on the left.
I cleaned it all out and assumed it was just that the bike had been used on a lot on short trips and hadn't been hot enough.
A month later after a coupe of substantial rides I pulled the covers again to find the left side clean and some more goop on the right and thought this might have been some left over residue from before.
Now the third time I have found a significant amount of goop on only one side, this was after some lengthy recent rides at pretty decent speeds when the engine was worked pretty hard. Add to this I have the inlet on my oil cooler half blocked off to reduce the airflow so the engine might run a bit warmer during our winter.
What this says to me is that the right side cylinder is running noticeably richer and obviously much cooler. I assume this is because by only having only one restricted pipe the fueling is sufficiently compromised that the computer is richening the engine excessively which is obviously having a greater affect on the right side causing it to run rich and cold.
Looking forward to getting the replacement pipe on the left side once the importer gets one in.
When this is done I can finally get the map upgraded to something which will improve the general performance.
Currently the economy is decent and the performance is generally ok but nowhere near as good as my old 08 GRiSO which had one of Mark and Pete's very early maps installed. It ran like a train up to and above the stock 8k rev limit with good torque all the way through the rev range. Really can't wait for more of that type of performance.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:44 am

Mark's, (not mine!) map has come a l-o-n-g way from the DE 63 you had. That was good. Latest iterations are a lot better.

Pete
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:19 am

My new header pipe arrived the other day via Pete, courtesy of the Oz importer JSG.
Went away for the weekend and can confirm there is a significant difference between the performance with the dud header and the new correct part.
Midrange is a little better but the most significant difference is at high revs which was tardy from 6500 to 8000, now it is significantly improved with the engine running all of the way to the cutout with an urgency reminiscent of my old bike.
There is also a noticeable difference in the operating temperature of the right side cylinder which is now running the same as the left and is no longer excessively rich.
These improvements are totally down to the new header as nothing else has been changed.

Now to get the latest map upgrade to finish the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 am

I had one in my system too. When the bike was running rough it was glowing red and eventually came apart in the muffler so I took it out completely
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Holy frijoles! Was it in the header? Both headers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:28 pm

it was here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:32 pm

That's the Cat Converter, I do believe. Mark's was in one of his header pipes, but only one - go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duh! anybody know about this   Duh! anybody know about this - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Duh! anybody know about this
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: