GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

LTO Batteries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

LTO Batteries Empty
PostSubject: LTO Batteries   LTO Batteries Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:02 pm

Just heard about these yesterday. Lithium Titanate Batteries.

All the good things about LiFePO4 without the bad stuff (allegedly) like spontaneous combustion - not that my LiFePO4 battery has done anything wrong. But there are reports...

Any thoughts? Anyone?
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

LTO Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTO Batteries   LTO Batteries Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:07 pm

They can be recharged 5-6 times more than a LiFePo4 battery which is already great. They are a bit larger and heavier but nothing compared to a lead acid. Does anyone make a pre made motorcycle LT battery ?
I think they are more expensive too. The nominal voltage is different too. I am not sure if it would be in an ideal range for a 12V battery. The LT is 2.3V per cell, so you got either 13.8V with 6 cells or 11.5V with 5.

Maybe you were thinking for a solar storage solution. They would be excellent for that application with a 24 or 48V target.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

LTO Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTO Batteries   LTO Batteries Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Yeah, they seem to come in larger voltage packs for PV or EV use.

13.8 V would be good but your charging system might need to be better than 14.2 V to work. Just curious at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LTO Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTO Batteries   LTO Batteries Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LTO Batteries
Page 1 of 1