GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Where Does This Go?

Go down 
+4
Kernow
PilotJet
tvboy
Hyde73
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Where Does This Go? Empty
PostSubject: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:37 am

Hello - I had to pull the tank to get some paint work done on my 14 GRiSO. It's been delayed many weeks, so I decided to go in and do a deep clean on some of the areas that are typically covered and hard to get to. This line popped out and I have zero recollection of removing it while taking the tank off, so not sure if I inadvertently pulled it loose? I went through the owner's manual but couldn't find anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:32 am

Are you able to follow the cable to see where the other end goes?
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:45 am

It mounts behind the shock. I’ve got a new air filter coming, so I may pull the box off to get a better look. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:17 am

I think that's the bleeder for the clutch ... it doesn't connect to anything ... stays along the inside frame rail under the seat, next to the airbox.... I believe

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:38 am

It is as you say the hydraulic clutch remote bleed with locating grommet

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:43 am

yes and there is a bracket to hold it in the back of the right side of the frame

Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:45 am

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:20 pm

Yup, it's the clutch bleed. Bracket is on left hand side frame rail though. Make use of it often. For some reason they are murder on clutch fluid.

Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:35 pm

Thanks Pete, will do. I went back through the shop manual to see if I missed mention of this. The PDF manual I have only has 1 1/2 pages on the clutch. Wondering if I need to find a new version of the manual or if MG left this out.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:33 pm

Pete is correct - my bad
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:50 pm

No worries Jon. Excited to get the tank back and get some winter riding in. Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:47 pm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:28 am

Like Pete said, they are murder on clutch fluid. I also have a 2014. The fluid will be dirty every two years for sure if you put a couple to a few thousand miles on it. If you haven’t had it changed, you probably should go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Does This Go?   Where Does This Go? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Where Does This Go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: