GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Carbon Dark

Go down 
+7
Steak
JohnA
Bill Hagan
Pete Roper
guzziownr
Street
YanksTT
11 posters
AuthorMessage
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:37 pm

Today, I sold my 2005 BMW R1200RT.  With a curiosity for different sized jugs, I debated the idea of trading my GRiSO for an MGX-21.  Instead, I put a deposit on a 2018 V7III Carbon Dark.  I'll fly to San Diego and ride it home to Seattle.  Keeping the GRiSO!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:32 pm

GRiSO's a keeper, Peter!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Good decision. Is it true that you can't reset the service warnings on the V7 III without a trip to the dealer?

YanksTT likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:34 pm

Yup. PADS only at the moment.

Bill Hagan and YanksTT like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 am

That was annoying at first.

Now, it's sort of a visual equivalent of a cuckoo clock; I don't even notice it anymore. cheers

What a great first ride -- San Diego to the north! Envious.

Bill

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:49 am

I was told by some colleagues the pacific coast highway is shut down some north of San Simeon as the road collapsed. Don’t know how long it will be that way. Maybe your plan was to go up the 101 anyway...
Good travels with the new bike.
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:35 pm

I was considering the coastal route up to Monterey. However, I will stick to 101 to avoid the washout. Thanks for the warning. Weather forecast looks pretty good. This will be my first time on a V7. I hope it has a little more leg room than the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:59 pm

pre date daydreaming.
(Snap Art software)
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Cell phone fell off just before LA; no pictures of the trip.  I'm enjoying the new to me Guzzi. 1,484 miles over three days.

Oz1200Guzzi, MalG, lcjohnny and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:07 pm

Yeah, Hwy 1 (PCH) in Big Sur.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:02 pm

Yikes! That'll ruin your day.
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:08 pm

YanksTT wrote:

I'm enjoying the new to me Guzzi. 1,484 miles over three days.

Congrats!  They do have some character, and M/G did a great job balancing weight and gearing to make the limited output seem...adequate. And I surprised myself finding that 'adequate' could be gratifying.  
I put some Zard pipes on and the decel grumble is amazing.. It proved to be a solid urban commuter, but I thought it would even better with some more bass from additional displacement and I was missing my friend torque. So V7 III Proved to be my gateway drug to GRiSO.
Very envious of the Washington scenery, I worked pretty hard to find a place out there after college, but it didn't work out. Say 'Hi' to the Hoh!
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:55 pm

Thanks SMTCape,
I'm resisting the pipes at the moment. However, I did just order some suspension tittery from Ricor. Here's the V7 Carbon at the Carbon River, WA today.
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 pm

New rack and dart screen installed. Mt. Rainier in the background.
Ricor Intiminators installed in the forks. cheers
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Last edited by Street on Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

YanksTT likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Buckin' Bronco?

YanksTT likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:56 pm

Last edited by Street on Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

YanksTT likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Same, same but different. OK a simple tip off.
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:52 pm

Twin twin situation. V7 has new Ricor suspension
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:16 pm

YanksTT wrote:
Today, I sold my 2005 BMW R1200RT.  With a curiosity for different sized jugs, I debated the idea of trading my GRiSO for an MGX-21.  Instead, I put a deposit on a 2018 V7III Carbon Dark.  I'll fly to San Diego and ride it home to Seattle.  Keeping the GRiSO!

Good move........... I traded my 8V Norge for an MGX. Definitely a novelty, but I regretted it, and 9 months later sold it and bought a 1200 Sport and Convert Very Happy

The 1400 motor makes more power, but the extra weight offsets the extra power, the bike is NOT stable in the triple digits like the Norge was, the low speed handling was nerve racking, the way the motor vents air cooks your calves, the storage sucks, the radio sucks, the cruise is wonky, and it is a big fat pig to move around.

You will love the V7iii. Not the power or presence of the GRiSO, but a ton of fun and delight to ride.

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Bulldog9 wrote:
Good move........... I traded my 8V Norge for an MGX. Definitely a novelty, but I regretted it, and 9 months later sold it and bought a 1200 Sport and Convert Very Happy  

The 1400 motor makes more power, but the extra weight offsets the extra power, the bike is NOT stable in the triple digits like the Norge was, the low speed handling was nerve racking, the way the motor vents air cooks your calves, the storage sucks, the radio sucks, the cruise is wonky, and it is a big fat pig to move around.

You will love the V7iii. Not the power or presence of the GRiSO, but a ton of fun and delight to ride.

Distilled like a fine bourbon whiskey...

Thumbs Up

Bulldog9 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Steak wrote:
Bulldog9 wrote:

Distilled like a fine bourbon whiskey...

Thumbs Up

Indeed..... The best part was taking the balance of the $$ and buying Tesla Stock when it was $400 a share before the split ;-)

Jankes likes this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Elon likes his money
He makes a lot they say

Bulldog9 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:03 pm

sideshowbob wrote:
Elon likes his money
He makes a lot they say

I see what you did there...

Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:25 pm

I ended up selling my GRiSO to buy my daughter a car.  A couple weeks ago I flew to Sacramento and rode home on my new (1,650 miles) MGX-21.  It goes well with the V7III Carbon. Beetle map just installed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Carbon Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Carbon Dark   New Carbon Dark Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Carbon Dark
Page 1 of 1