GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I is new to the Ghetto

Go down 
+3
lcjohnny
Guzzi Cat
Paulusgg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulusgg
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Paulusgg

I is new to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:39 am

New Here

Greetings from the south east of angleterre! Let me introduce myself

Recently my stable included a Multistrada, a V9 Bobber and an old BMW K75.  
However a week ago I made an impulsive and blind purchase of a 2009 1100 GRiSO based solely on the sellers description, photographs and its MOT history!

Why would you do something so rash Mad

Well probably because I got bitten by the Guzzi bug when I bought my Bobber new in 2016, after test riding against a Honda CB1100, just loved the character of the V9.  First bike after 15 years of not riding (wife and children got in the way) and back then it was all Japanese stuff.

Always loved the look of the GRiSO and was looking for something to replace the 1400 California that I bent last year hence the impulse buy

Now all that brings me to a question that I'm sure has been asked, and answered, somewhere in the forum. Am I correct in thinking that it's the 1200 8V GRiSO's that have had the tappet problems? Is there anything I need to worry about with my 1100?  

And before anyone mentions due diligence...................

Thanks in advance

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:18 am

Welcome to the Ghetto Paul, correct it’s the earlier years 1200 8v that had the tappet problem.

Your good to go in that department with the 1100 Thumbs Up might need a lick of grease on swing-arm, steering head etc. Unless the previous owner saw to it as some didn’t get much grease in Italy
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:33 am

Welcome from further west Paulus
in a possible future we could even meet up lol
Hope you are enjoying your GRiSO

By the way Guzzicat is right about the need to check grease in swing arm and steering head (& suspension linkages) especially given the salt we use on the roads in England Sad. Probably no rush as if the previous owner did it it will last 12 months. If they did not the bearings are already fooked
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:34 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Paul!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Renevator
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Renevator

PostSubject: Re: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:47 am

Paulusgg wrote:
New Here

However a week ago I made an impulsive and blind purchase of a 2009 1100 GRiSO based solely on the sellers description, photographs and its MOT history!

Thanks in advance

It wasn't a black one by chance was it? I saw an add for one that looked mintier than a minty thing. Good on you. Enjoy! I'll be on the hunt for one at the ned of the year, all being well, and hopefully see you at a UK meet when I get one.
Back to top Go down
steveb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
steveb

PostSubject: Re: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:48 am

Welcome to the forum Paul I am not quite so far west as Jonny
Steve
Back to top Go down
Paulusgg
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Paulusgg

PostSubject: Re: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:18 am

Well thanks for all the greetings and especially Guzzi Cat and lcjohnny for putting my mind to rest. Be good to meet at some time in the future! At least there is a roadmap out of the current nonsense and we can all look forward to some riding

Hi Renevator, yes the bike is black but it's not the minty mint one to which I think you are alluding, that was a five grand machine from Runcorn way. The one I got my mitts on hailed from Wales with less miles, more MOT and less dollar! Does need a little bit of fettling but I'm in no rush to get it done

Renevator and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:52 pm

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I is new to the Ghetto   I is new to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I is new to the Ghetto
Page 1 of 1