GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Luddite Needs Steak's Help!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Empty
PostSubject: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:19 am

So, Steve, I am unable to get past your Captcha gate guard in the site's "contact" section.  Kind of depressing that the little pix are smarter than I am.  Sad

Anyway, have tried LOTS of times, and keep failing.  scratch

Here's what I was trying to send through the contact form:

Howdy.

Is there a way of overriding the way the site automatically turns the "s" in "GRiSO" into "GRiSO?"

Probably sounds like a "say what?" sort of question,  but it makes it difficult -- at least for the Ludditian likes of me -- to post any url for smugmug pix that have "GRiSO" in the title.

Maybe if I just retitled those with "GRiSO" or without the word at all, at the outset, all would be well, but, hey, I can't remember what I had for breakfast, much less to do that!  Wink

So, just wondering.

Best,

Bill Hagan
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Maybe you are too smart for those captcha's! I was doing one and it said click on all that is a picture of a car. So one pic is a Honda CR-V, hum, car? SUV? Mini SUV? Wouldn't call it a car. etc. Smile

For your issue, are you saying smugmug's url's are case sensitive?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:40 pm

usedtobefast wrote:
Maybe you are too smart for those captcha's!  I was doing one and it said click on all that is a picture of a car.  So one pic is a Honda CR-V, hum, car?  SUV?  Mini SUV?  Wouldn't call it a car. etc. Smile

For your issue, are you saying smugmug's url's are case sensitive?  

Yes, captcha's similarly challenge me.  I am pretty sure we are overthinking the system.  Wink

Anyway, I think that no matter how one pecks out GRiSO, the system converts it into "GRiSO.

Actually, I haven't tried GRiSO in ALLCAPS, but am here.  Curious of that beats the override. Will find out after I post this.  cheers

Nope.  Previewed to that it, too, becomes you-know-what.  No biggie -- if I can remember it come creating a GRiSO gallery in Smugmug.

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:48 pm

I've never had that issue with auto GRiSO.

However, you may want to try TinyURL as an alternative.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Steak and Bill Hagan like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:12 pm

Sorry to arrive late to this thread. I am totally unaware of any "captcha" security on the forum. I'll see if I can disable it, sometimes when the forum host updates their software, a few new features will be enabled by default.

Let me look into it.

As for the smug mug, get with the program as there is only one way to spell GRiSO. I've made sure of that from day one of this forum... Viva la Fiesta

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:31 pm

OK Bill, now I see what you are talking about. I wasn't sure what you meant by the "Contact" section, which is just one of the links at the bottom of the page.

My suggestion to you is DON"T USE THE CONTACT LINK to reach me. That link is mainly there so that people who are not logged in can contact me (ie. lost password, inability to register etc.) I won't remove the captcha code from that link as it keeps the spam bots at bay.

If you do want to contact me, or any other forum member, just click the PM or Email icon at the bottom of one of my posts. Alternatively, you could use the "MESSAGES" link in the CARC bar at the top of the page. Thirdly, you could look up my profile using the "MEMBERS" link in the CARC bar menu and PM from there.

No Captcha codes are necessary when sending messages while logged into the forum.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:10 am

Shocked sooo glad I have sPORT

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:55 am

Shouldn't that be sPORt ?

tongue

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:25 am

Steak wrote:
Sorry to arrive late to this thread.  I am totally unaware of any "captcha" security on the forum.  I'll see if I can disable it, sometimes when the forum host updates their software, a few new features will be enabled by default.

Let me look into it.

As for the smug mug, get with the program as there is only one way to spell GRiSO.  I've made sure of that from day one of this forum...  Viva la Fiesta

Thanks.

Understand re contact page.

Ditto re GRiSO, but Arrogantmug doesn't, so it's easy enough not to use "that word" in my slideshow titles.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luddite Needs Steak's Help!   Luddite Needs Steak's Help! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Luddite Needs Steak's Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: