GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Empty
PostSubject: Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen   Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:47 am

I ride with the small GRiSO flyscreen, mostly to protect the instrument panel and I like the looks. However wind is directed into my neck/chin by it (I suppose I'm too tall at 1m85), leading to increased wind noise through my helmet.

Does anyone know of any clip-on wind spoilers that fit the GRiSO's small screen? I wanted to first buy a cheap aliexpress rip-off to test whether it works with the wind before buying an expensive A-brand but the strong curve of the OEM screen makes me wonder whether it will fit at all.

Windscreen (top corner to top corner is roughly 26.5 cm):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Spoiler that I think would look okey:

Alternatively this looks like it will fit, but it looks so out of place on the curved GRiSO:

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen   Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:39 pm

I have the MRA X-creen clamp on in the "Touring" size on my Stelvio, but I'd bet that the "Sport" size would work on the bikini fairing.  They are nicely made, robust, and have a wide adjustability range.

MRA X-creen Sport

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen   Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Steak wrote:
I have the MRA X-creen clamp on in the "Touring" size on my Stelvio, but I'd bet that the "Sport" size would work on the bikini fairing.  They are nicely made, robust, and have a wide adjustability range.

MRA X-creen Sport

I think that model will not fit as the mounting bars are on the outside and the screen is about as wide as the small GRiSO flyscreen. However the MRA Vario VSA-TYP A should fit as the mounting bars are only 20,5cm apart. However I'm worried about the excessive curves of the GRiSO flyscreen.

In any case I just ordered an aliexpress knockoff for 15€ (this one: ) which has 21cm between the mounting bars. Will be interesting to see if it is able to be mounted on the curvy flyscreen. And I will be able to see if it actually helps with the wind without gambling nearly a 100€ on it. Finally it will be interesting to see if the no doubt cheap plastic mounting material holds up or has the windspoiler fly into my face clown
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen   Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:12 pm

MT, that looks like your best bet, especially at that price!

I have the bikini fairing on my GRiSO as well, mostly as you say to keep the bugs off the cluster. But I do LOVE the way it looks...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen   Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:16 pm

A Dart classic sits a bit higher?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen   Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:24 pm

But that's more turtle-neck than bikini... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jankes likes this post

Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen   Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:43 pm

sideshowbob wrote:
A Dart classic sits a bit higher?

Fashion always trumps silly things such as comfort study  But there are a couple of larger windscreen that I could end up using (the MRA Vario windshield for naked bikes for example, although it has very obtrusive handlebar mounting)

But if a small spoiler can solve my woes, that would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen   Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wind spoiler clip-on that fits the GRiSO OEM small flyscreen
Page 1 of 1