GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Licence plate hanger

Go down 
+4
Pete Roper
Steak
Spruce Goose
Degs
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

Licence plate hanger Empty
PostSubject: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'd like one of these, can seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone know who makes or sells them.
Thanks

Frstrtdmac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Spruce Goose
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spruce Goose

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:12 am

I have that exact one I never installed, DM me and we can work something out. - Mark

Degs likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:09 pm

The leverage that those struts would put on the CARC housing mounting points during a collision/tip-over/get off simply makes my butt pucker.

I do like the way they look, but CARC housings are expensive and who knows how easily attainable...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Degs likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:49 pm

Too cool though.
I think the GRiSO's tail is the sexiest bit of a sexy bike. The ugly plastic fender must go, and the huge UK licence plate needs to be further away.

And I've just bought Mark Spruce Gooses' left overs.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:44 pm

Steak wrote:
The leverage that those struts would put on the CARC housing mounting points during a collision/tip-over/get off simply makes my butt pucker.

I do like the way they look, but CARC housings are expensive and who knows how easily attainable...

It concerns me too but in 16 years I've never seen a bust one. It is worth remembering though that if you do break a brake mounting boss the cases aren't available as a separate part.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:46 am

It's personal choice but I don't like the look of numberplate half way down the tyre .......for UK lots people 'downsize' the plate anyway (no real checks unless you go crazy small) - mine below is 8"x6" plate with letters 5.8 cm x 4.0 cm so just a touch smaller than legal letters (6.4 cm x 4.4 cm)....it improves the look a lot

Degs likes this post

Back to top Go down
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2021 8:56 am

Ahh, that's better...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2021 3:11 pm

I had one of these plate hanger as purchased on my Indian FTR1200S.  Every time I walked past it, I'd manage to bust my shins on it.  It original also supported the rear flashers which only made matters worse.

So I moved the plate and flashers up under the seat.  Much better, but I'm anticipating a large rooster tail if I have to ride it on wet roads.

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Sun May 09, 2021 4:25 pm

I had one of those, courtesy of the DPO. Didn't care for the look or the fact that without a light it wasn't going to pass inspection. I replaced it with this bit of exotica:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Frstrtdmac
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frstrtdmac

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 9:16 am

Spruce Goose wrote:
I have that exact one I never installed, DM me and we can work something out. - Mark

Still have this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Licence plate hanger   Licence plate hanger Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Licence plate hanger
Page 1 of 1