GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Another tyre post

Go down 
+5
BrandX
lcjohnny
Bulldog9
motor-timothy
Scrumhead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Scrumhead
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 am

Hi all.
Just looking to see what tyres people are running on their GRiSO's these days. I'm about to put on a new set and thought I'd see what people think. It's currently got a roadsmart II on the back that seems to be wearing a bit square and a battlax bt23 on the front. They were on it when I got it. Both fairly nothing tyres, not impressive but not horrible either. Depending on my situation I have anything from 2 to 5 bikes so no one bike gets a lot of k's each year so milage doesn't concern me too much. Mainly winding dodgy country roads with the odd high speed run. Very very occasional short commutes and rarely ride in the rain. I have a set of alpha 14's on an R1 which are ok and M5 interacts on an Aprilia which I haven't had a chance to push yet. I was looking at a set of Q3+'s but don't know how they'd handle the extra weight of the Gris. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:09 am

Metzeler roadtec 01's. Very happy with them, they inspire confidence.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:06 am

Dunlop Road Smart 3. They feel and respond very much like one of my favorite tires the Pilot Road 2. Quiet, grippy, stable, responsive, great wear so far.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 am

I very much like Metzler Roadtec01 and Dunlop Roadsmart for heavy grunty bikes.
But my bike came with Maxxis tyres - they grip ok (so far)
Back to top Go down
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:55 pm

The Q3+ on my Breva 1100 are the best street tire I have used.It like it's on rails. Head, and shoulder better then the Michelin 2CT stuff on my duc, Only the rear is a dual compound on the Dunlop (Made in USA too)
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 am

Currently running my second set on Michelin Road 5's. Been very happy with these, feels great on initial tip in to corners and seems to hold a nice line throughout. Seem to warm quickly as well.

moby likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:23 pm

I went with the Road 5 GTs and have a little remorse that I didn't choose the regular 5's. Only about 500 mikes on them but they feel harsh on less than smooth surfaces.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Road 5s are about equivalent to Road 4 GTs. This is my opinion only, so take it for what it's worth. Road 5 GTs will be next tyre change.
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:49 am

BrandX wrote:
The Q3+ on my Breva 1100 are the best street tire I have used.It like it's on rails. Head, and shoulder better then the Michelin 2CT stuff on my duc, Only the rear is a dual compound on the Dunlop (Made in USA too)

Dunlop Roadsmarts are also a very suitable for our big heavy ladies. Excellent in every way and fairly priced.
Back to top Go down
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:04 am

I buy,and mount all my tires, but the Q3+ came on my bike..I was on the way to Seattle to pick it up, and the old owner had the bike took to the Guzzi shop up there,just to get it sorted from sitting.. They were told to change old the old tires to be safe.. They really did not sort the fuel out all that well,but that shop nailed it on the tire choice.. I would not of picked the Q3+, although I have mounted up a few Dunlaps in my shop this last year.. They are wearing well. and are a top tier Sport/Street tire..Warm up real quick, and are great on this bike..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another tyre post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another tyre post   Another tyre post Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Another tyre post
Page 1 of 1