GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Radiator cover

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MaartenVerheijen
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MaartenVerheijen

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi all,

I've made a prototype for a CNC radiator cover to fit the GRiSO. Let's be honest, the plastic stock one just won't do. It is 13mm thick with a wavy and straight design. If there is any interest I can make a batch and ship them. Painting or anodizing can be arranged. I am located in the Netherlands. Looking forward to your reactions.

Regards,

Maarten [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Spruce Goose
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spruce Goose

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 pm

This is awesome, and if I didn’t already have the adjustable one I would get this
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:33 pm

I'd be interested but it depends very much on the price.
Back to top Go down
Holger
Carlotto
Carlotto
Holger

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:11 pm

hello, I am also interested, but the price is also important
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:36 pm

I like it but i am also a bit price sensitive (sorry) Smile
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:46 pm

Looks good Maarten; I'd be interested in anodised black version ....beware cheapskate Guzzi riders penny pinching the price Wink

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
MaartenVerheijen
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MaartenVerheijen

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Thanks for the interest, awesome! Due to the design it takes quite some material and CNC machining time. However I would like to get started on these so for the first batch I'll ask €90 for the unfinished grille and €100 for the painted (high temp) or anodized (black) finish. This is ex shipping, which will be at cost.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:14 pm

reasonable price -

So if my GRiSO ("Snafu") completes the NC500 run in May (total 1600 miles from Bristol) without problems I will reward it with Maarten cooler grill in black.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bill Dee

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 am

It does look nice. Might want to do a little test to see how much it blocks the air flow and raises the oil temp.
Back to top Go down
MaartenVerheijen
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MaartenVerheijen

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Thank for the suggestion. I will test the original grille and compare the temperature with the new design, but I don't expect there to be real problems.
Back to top Go down
Paulzilla
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Paulzilla

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:34 am

That is a good looking grill. Well done sir.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Radiator cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover   Radiator cover Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:37 am

Unless you live somewhere as hot as the bottom of Death Valley or White Cliffs in Oz in the middle of summer overheating is never going to be a problem on the 8V.
Back to top Go down

Radiator cover
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: