GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Its official!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bhattman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bhattman

Its official! Empty
PostSubject: Its official!   Its official! Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Hi All, have been a Guzzi admirer for a while. Started my motorcycling experience with Ducatis (Multistrada) and then took a hiatus for 10 years - you know, when you have kids and all. Now I am back to Canada from New York and have space. Motorcycle culture is big here and got the bug again. I immediately bought a Ducati Streetfighter 848 thinking I was ready to get back to Ducati. I am an Italophile and the streetfighter seems too fast, too speed-oriented, and I checked myself in the mirror and realized I need to go where my heart is. Definitely Italian. Definitely amazing sounding. Definitely easy maintenance. Definitely something with character on slow rides.

I am eyeing so many different Guzzis and envision having 6-8 bikes of all vintages and styles - all under the Guzzi banner.

But the first bike I secured is a 2014 GRiSO! I have been loving the sound and all the awesome reviews from owners over the past 6 months through forums and online youtube videos. I put my deposit down on the bike and cant wait to get it delivered! So excited.

I am thinking about the mods I want to make. I think this will be one of those keeper bikes. It already has an Agostini Conical Black pipe. Probably will need a new fuel map, which I HAVE NO IDEA how to do. Or should I get a power commander? I definitely need a windscreen as I did not enjoy the huge wind push back on the Ducati Streetfighter.

I am going to "christen" the bike "Kali". If you know Indian mythology, Maa Kali (Mother Kali) is a Goddess (or a Devi as said in Sanskrit) version that embodies strength, brute force, blackness/darkness and more. So the European name of Black Devil, reminds me of the Black Devi, aka Kali. Works perfectly. Kali also mean the feminine version of Black in Hindi.

Can't wait for Kali!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Its official! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its official!   Its official! Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:36 pm

DO NOT put in a power commander. See if you can find out if an updated map is already installed, if it has, then you might be good to go.

Once you get it we can all start to assist.

You will nee some cables and GuzziDiag software - visit the GuzziDiag section here or visit GRiSO.org for links.

bhattman likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Its official! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its official!   Its official! Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:15 pm

Kali- gender dysphoria right off the bat!   Shocked haha.
My '14 came with a PC5 AND autotun4 to accommodate to the intake and exhaust mods.  It's faring pretty well so far- but I would not argue against a map/flash tune, provided your configuration is available.  Lots of endorsements here among enthusiasts and far more economical.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Its official! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its official!   Its official! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:19 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, bhattman! You can find all the information you need (and even some you don't need) on this friendly forum. Just give a shout!
Back to top Go down
Knockerjoe
Carlotto
Carlotto
Knockerjoe

Its official! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its official!   Its official! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:04 pm

Best of luck! I also just picked up a GRiSO after I sold my Ducati Hypermotard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Its official! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its official!   Its official! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Its official!
Page 1 of 1