GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO   Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:30 am

It's probably nothing, but since a couple of weeks a strange pungent smell hangs around the rear half of my motorcycle. It's especially bad a couple of minutes after a ride as things start to cool down. It's hard to describe but smells a bit like a combination of a wet dog and a fungal infested basement, on the sour side. The smell lingers even after the bike has been parked for a while.

Does this ring any particular bells? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO   Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:47 am

has something very unpleasant been thrown up onto the pretzel where it is now being cooked?
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO   Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:03 am

It's probably something innocent like that. But I cleaned the bike and no difference. Tomorrow I'll give it the yearly service so maybe I'll run into something.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO   Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 am

Take a good look between the cylinders, behind the alternator. I have a mouse problem in my shed & have found regular evidence of that being a favorite spot. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO   Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 am

Well I serviced it and washed it a second time, no more smell. Also no dead animals under the fuel tank. I've noticed the rear brake disc has deep irregular grooves and a very pronounced edge on one side only which wasn't the case a couple of months ago so I'm thinking one of the brake pads got stuck dragging on the disc perhaps resulting in the smell after a ride. However I've noticed no particular drag from the rear wheel nor higher fuel consumption, but since I rarely use the rear brake this must have happened.

Oh well its gone now thankfully Wink
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO   Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:19 am

Perhaps some cat tried to make your GRiSO her own
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO   Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Strange strong pungent smell from the GRiSO
Page 1 of 1