GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

VA GUZZI RALLY

Go down 
+5
Dilliw
Oz1200Guzzi
Charles
Steak
Chris W
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:58 am

it was a good Turn out this past weekend - met people from all over the US .
Good people, conversation, riding and the weather cooperated!
there was a variety of both old and new Guzzi's  complete with 3 GRiSO's
I had to use my cell phone as the threat of thunderstorms and rain forced me to leave my good camera at home, so the photo's aren't the best

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Steak, Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, Dracula and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:23 am

Nothing like a great rally.

We've got "Deep Forest" coming up in a couple of weeks, which is kind of an unofficial Washington State Rally, but it's always just been a campout.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Clancy, Dracula and Charles like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Charles
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Charles

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:30 am

Still better than here (Sydney Australia) we're in another Covid lockdown for the next few weeks; at least. So a long put off ride scheduled for this week has had to be put on hold again☹. Winter is here right now so I got one of these great MG face masks for the ride but can now use it on the street and in shops ... I think it looks cool ... customised to a GRiSO😀👍

Back to top Go down
Charles
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Charles

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:31 am

Sorry mucked photo upload ...🥴
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:43 pm

Feel free to use the "Edit" button Charles.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Charles
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Charles

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:53 pm

I'm learning as I go ... sometimes I feel like a technological Dinasour ....
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 pm

Charles wrote:
I'm learning as I go ... sometimes I feel like a technological Dinasour ....

Don't worry you'll fit right in here.

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Real nice meeting you!

Actually there were four GRiSO's but Mark has a new "camper van" and his yellow 1100 was parked up the hill. The VA rally is probably one of the best and even better this year with some new folks joining in.

Now, you need to show up to Cruso the first weekend of August (Aug 6-Cool! Mark (the one mentioned above) puts that one on and while it's a little less "organized" it's still a great time. The only issue is that the campground is no longer serving food so you have to plan ahead a little.

mojohand likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Charles wrote:
Sorry mucked photo upload ...🥴

I didn't know you had. Thought one a mask; the other, a bra. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Charles
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Charles

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:22 pm

Yeah, looks like one, especially on my squirrel sized head 😅
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:35 am

Charles - I'm with you on the Dinasour thing. I'm trying to include a quote that is only a line of the entire post and can only get the entire post to copy as a quote......

George,
Cruso might be a stretch - that's a 330+ mile ride via interstate from my location. The distance will only increase as I try to avoid interstates if at all possible.  I want to enjoy the to and from part of the trip too.
Also, the 90+ deg temps and humidity that time of year can make riding almost torturous  Crying or Very sad .
don't count me out - but that's a maybe

Charles likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:03 am

I know what you're talking about Chris. I lived in Columbia and melted my wife trying to get to that rally one year. I think it was 107F and she was even hotter at me!

As Hagan knows however, I'm not ashamed to show to a Guzzi Rally with a Uhaul trailer. Best $15 a day you can spend in the summer time! Cruso has parking and a ramp to make it easy...

Back to top Go down
mojohand
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
mojohand

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:24 am

It was a great rally, as always--Bob and Joanie Corfield do such a good job, and props to all the volunteers, too!

Even more Pictures
Back to top Go down
tom collins
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
tom collins

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:29 am

great rally. but i was on a v85tt
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:21 pm

Okay, y'all got me think'n about going to the Cruso Rally. Is it at a campground? Are there hook-ups for an rv? Are there motels nearby, besides Maggie Valley?

It's been a few years since I've ridden that far in one day, might drag my bride along and make a week of it.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:41 pm

Hey Rick - hopefully George will give some insight on the Cruso rally as I would like some info too
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:38 pm

Charles wrote:

Where from Charles?
Back to top Go down
Charles
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Charles

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:26 pm

In Oz ... they send their stuff all over the world; mostly Harley stuff but doing a fair bit of Euro bike things as well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hazen is the boss. Made some great GRiSO sweat shirts for me. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:02 pm

Thanks Mate. Where are you in Shitney? I'm now an honorary westie (Macquarie Fields - the quiet part). Perhaps we could catch up some time. Are yo a member of MGOA NSW?
Back to top Go down
Charles
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Charles

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:36 pm

I'm in Windsor. Great to ride together one day. Often do 'Motto Rider' days Covid depending. I was a member of MGOA but found it a bit clique' ... I just like to ride with a bunch of guys/girls from all walks of life, all different types of bikes ... the GRiSO is the best of them all:) Maybe I should join MGOA again and give it another go? Chat again soon ... Cheers

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VA GUZZI RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: VA GUZZI RALLY   VA GUZZI RALLY Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

VA GUZZI RALLY
Page 1 of 1