GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Empty
PostSubject: Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??   Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:36 am

I have just bought a Hepco and Backer Royster pannier & C Bow kit for my 2009 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO 1200.
The panniers look great and the brackets are well made

But the brackets do not fit the subframe - the brackets are 18cm apart but the subframe mounts are about 20cm apart (see pictures).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are there different subframe spacings?  Or have the wrong brackets been put into the box?
Could someone measure the distance between the mounting points please.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??   Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:15 am

Just looked at mine (they are in the cupboard & came off bike fitted perfectly) and you seem to have the brackets the wrong way around ie swap them around & put LH one on RHS etc.... I'll post pictures in a tick
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??   Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:25 am

Yep, mine are 20cm apart & the brackets are on different sides of the carrier part. Also you'll need the extra washer on side shown (same as the one you pictured)

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??   Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:38 am

Thanks Paul i was just believing the stickers on the bars - will try swapping them around!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??   Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:38 am

Here's the full setup (pen is at the BACK of the bike position)

lcjohnny and Evilgarfield like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??   Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:56 am

Thanks Paul that pic did the job

All installed now and looking forwards to some miles

Jon G

paulbrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??   Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:36 pm

Typically, I am late to this party, but would have suggested same ... for same reason.

The H-B bits are fine, but the stickers were put on by [expletives deleted] who were either lazy, untrained, or something similar.  

OTOH, management was asleep at the switch, too, as this problem -- extant for several years -- doesn't say much for their supervisory QC system.

OK.  Rant over.  Back to planning next trip.  Kathi has "girlfriend company" coming for several days.  I need to E&E that.   Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??   Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe?? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Problem with C bow brackets.. or subframe??
Page 1 of 1