GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Pro Taper handlebars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Pro Taper handlebars Empty
PostSubject: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:09 am

Attached is a chart for Pro Taper handlebars. I am looking at the Pastrana Low. Has anyone else fitted them?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:07 pm

If the GRiSO Bars are the same as the Stelvio (diameter of the Clamping area that is), then they're not the same as the 'Industry Standard' FatBars.
They're a bit thinner, so Renthal/Magura (not sure about Pro Taper) Bars won't fit the Guzzi Clamps.
Do you have a Vernier Caliper/Micrometer to check the GRiSO Bars diameter?

I'll have a dig and find the actual dimensions . . .
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:13 pm

Found it . . .

The original Stelvio Bars are approx 0.6 ~ 0.7mm thinner than the Renthal and Magura FatBars, which are 28.6mm at the clamping area.
You could probably fit them, and force the Clamps down tight, but I wouldn't . . .

EDIT. Just checked, Pro-Taper Bars are the same as the Renthal and Magura, 28.6mm (1 1/8").
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Got a pic from "Uncle" it seems they fit without any problem.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Doc. likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:38 pm

That's good.
Must just be the Stelvio Bars that are the odd ones.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:30 pm

I have Stelvio bars on my GRiSO. Clamps worked fine, cables and hoses, not so much. Re-routed cables, made new hoses.
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:20 am

Yes, you can go that way, slightly thinner Bars in Clamps designed for larger diameter ones.

Your GRiSO must look a bit like a Texas Longhorn, the Stelvio Bars are mahoosively wide! Shocked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:18 am

The 2006 and 2007 Sport ones also have a "manly" spread. 2008 they changed the width (narrower) and the pullback (closer to the rider).

I like my wide bars, allows me to get onto some pretty ordinary tracks and survive.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:09 am

Yes, the Stelvio bars are a bit wide, but so am I. It's like having power steering with that much leverage. An additional inch or so on each side made the bike much more comfortable, for me. YMMV.
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:14 am

My main reason for fitting narrower Bars, was to be able to carve through Traffic.
I'm guessing that's not an issue for you, or is Indiana one of the more 'enlightened' States that allow it?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:00 pm

I live away from the city, and avoid riding in traffic. Being retired, I need not deal with such things. If I need to go into heavy traffic, I'll have a cage around me.

But that's just me, being a crusty olde pharte.

Doc. likes this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:10 pm

I ordered the bars on Friday, got them before noon on Saturday with free shipping. Switched the mirrors to black ones from a V7 II as I had them in a box. Bars are a bit lower and every bit as wide.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Doc. likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper handlebars   Pro Taper handlebars Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pro Taper handlebars
Page 1 of 1