GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type

Go down 
+3
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Odessa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Odessa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Odessa

valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Empty
PostSubject: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:12 am

for those of you that adjust your own valves you have noticed that the valve cover bolts are a very soft type metal and round out fairly easy.

having just adjusted my valves for the first time of course i rounded out one trying to get it out, after many searches and orders from a few online stores i come to find out that there are none in stock anywhere, i was able to ask the parts guys at AF1 if they could check with one of the Tech's if they had 1 tucked away in his tool box and they came up with up 1 for me - oh happy days hell-yes!

so with that being said i searched and found as many you of you have the ones that GuzziTech offer - that are superior in every way, so hopefully i will never have to go through that exercise again.

SS8VCvrBlts-8CT
GTM CNC 8V VALVE COVER BOLTS
$89.95
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:02 pm

or if you live in UK, you can try stainless set at Lincoln Eagle Engineering

I bought a set of red CNC ones from MVS-Performance in Saltau (lower Saxony Germany), but they seem to have stopped doing them
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Using a small amount of anti seize on the threads and not over torquing them works as well. I've never stripped one or rounded one out but I've had to remove a couple that have been. I think if you live somewhere where they put salt on the road doesn't help with them seizing and therefore rising rounding out. Using the wrong tampons can cause problems too.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:42 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Using the wrong tampons can cause problems too.

That's what i heard too Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:34 pm

You guys use tampons? Glad I've got a Sport...

Last edited by Oz1200Guzzi on Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:24 pm

I have 8 tampons installed. Simultaneously. There's leaks, otherwise.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Part #3 Tampon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There are two types one for the non floating covers, one for the floating ones.

The word means 'Plug' in Italian.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:01 pm

means plug elsewhere too.
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:01 am

@pete
Do you happen to have both part numbers for the tampons - as I may need to get some new ones; the dishwasher does a good job for a while.
Back to top Go down
Odessa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Odessa

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:09 am

830249 Damper drift 8 Technical Specifications :Old version[OLD]
this type is like a washer
OEM Moto Guzzi Valve Cover Bolt Grommet -1A006716 (ex 879975) Technical Specifications :New version[NEW] - this type is like a cup within a washer - superior design
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:09 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type   valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

valve cover bolts - GuzziTech type
Page 1 of 1