GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long

Go down 
+2
Degs
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Empty
PostSubject: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Hey

Been a fan of Guzzi's since the Mk5 Lemans, lusted after the GRiSO though ended up owning a couple Buells namely X1 Lightnings.
Was never sure if I would get a GRiSO due to my size at 6.2. Having recently had a sit with some pictures taken at "Moto Corsa" on their recently aquired Orange SE am happy to realise am ok for a GRiSO.
Also whilst perusing this forum spotted a post about GRiSO's for Tall Riders, saw were several 6.2 riders with differrent inseams.
Seems am a short legged orang utan so easily suitable~just!
Back at the begining of lockdown and the early part of this year when funds were flush, GRiSO 1200's were scarce and besides I had yet to come to my conclusion that they would fit me ok!
Spent a sizeable wedge on a Harley Dyna Fat Bob 103ci to sate an experience with one back in 2009 a 96ci. 5 months later and am hanging out for a GRiSO Laughing
Am watching their commings and goings on the www like a rabid hedgehog. I realise that like X1's these bikes are a hooligans wet dream though with substantially more rider input.
Just to add am ok with spanners, own several torque wrenches and a plethora of tools, I know about the DLC coating erosure on the mushroom tappets, about recalls and replacements.
Recently been watching Martin Arundels videos about his Cafe GRiSO build, his starter/solenoid issues, although am not clever with electrics I can get the job done or out-source it.
Never ceases to amaze me these Optimate owners with their last forever batteries, batteries are good for 3 - 4 years 5 or 6 at a stretch then they start to lose cranking amps least thats my experience.
I only use an Optimate in the winter for refresher charges or to charge up a new battery to make sure its at max amps. I dont own a garage with a mains supply I rent one from a local council.
Wish me luck and a fast sale of my bike/part ex, bike is listed on abay classifieds with "May Consider Part Ex For Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1200" hopefully wont be long before source a GRiSO maybe even from or thru you guys/gals.

Last edited by Buellbloke on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Good luck with your search..

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:55 am

Good luck Buell-bloke
see you around soon

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:34 am

Good luck & for tall riders; I'm 6'3" imperial units; it works fine (TBH my V50 works fine as well but I do a lot of yoga Wink ) and if you add a Stelvio shock the extra height makes it feel much more 'fitted' & handles better.

2 geese and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:45 am

Degs wrote:
Good luck with your search..
Degs your in Devon have you visited Cap'n jaspers by any chance as maybe was your bike first enthused me?

lcjohnny wrote:
Good luck Buell-bloke
see you around soon

Name is Paul though been Buellbloke since 2006 even have an email address attached to it, could be grisobloke at blueyonder.co.uk with any luck cheers

paulbrice wrote:
Good luck & for tall riders; I'm 6'3" imperial units; it works fine (TBH my V50 works fine as well but I do a lot of yoga Wink ) and if you add a Stelvio shock the extra height makes it feel much more 'fitted' & handles better.

Duely noted and stored for a potential upgrade, I like the fact the increased inch makes the foot peg relocation even and not low Cool
There's a 2008 GRiSO 1200 just down the road and over a bit, Norwich for £4500 any insights, is he a resident Ghetto rider. Seems good value as most are aiming for the 6-7-8K mark.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:32 am

Paul
You probably already know this but most important thing to look for on a bargain 1200 is....Is it rollerised?

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:07 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Paul
You probably already know this but most important thing to look for on a bargain 1200 is....Is it rollerised?

Am informed it's documented as done.
Contacted "Via Moto" about a White 2011 they have, thing is a ticking time bomb as they dont have a clue either way or a care for that matter.
Some italian bike dealers dont care do they No
Is a Black Devil with 3.5k miles 3 owners and 3 services in for £7450, advertised with solenoid issues. That will scare plenty of people off though certainly not the last two owners.
Surely these people apply the workaround before they state "a known starting issue with the model"
This is what an enthusiasts forum is for, you buy a bike for enthusiasts and you join a community containing some if not all of the best knowledge out there Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:00 pm

Be aware that the early 8V's had an actual 'Recall' to address flat tappet failures but this simply replaced the original chilled cast iron tappets with the forged steel with DLC coating ones which also fail just as enthusiastically.

If you are told that it has been rollerised insist on having a peek under the valve cover. If they refuse? Walk away.

There was no recall for rollerisation but it is the only fix.

lcjohnny and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:13 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Be aware that the early 8V's had an actual 'Recall' to address flat tappet failures but this simply replaced the original chilled cast iron tappets with the forged steel with DLC coating ones which also fail just as enthusiastically.

If you are told that it has been rollerised insist on having a peek under the valve cover. If they refuse? Walk away.

There was no recall for rollerisation but it is the only fix.

I've never seen the rollerised tappets on the GRiSO the pictures are not easy to come by online, so if I looked under the cover would I actually be able to see the rollers?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:11 am

Yea I did spot that picture moments before you posted it and nabbed it, was like doh I havent searched this forum yet! Thanx anyway dude Cool Am not one of these lazy f*ckers expects everone to do my legwork for me.
Am more of a "Piaggio released a direct replacment universal headlight nacelle for led fittment including loom £90, in black & chrome/chrome and chrome/black & black, providing you supply your own 7 inch headlight". Me I was lookin for the V7 led headlight with the DRL Guzzi Eagle lens across the front when I stumbled across the nacelle. Anyone spotted/know where to get one of those led Eagle lens lights and a price? thanx in advance bounce

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long   Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Grisoless Hopefully Not For Long
Page 1 of 1