GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Texas

Go down 
+6
beetle
paulbrice
Chris W
kiwi dave
SMTCapeCod
Reduxalicious
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Reduxalicious
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Reduxalicious

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:00 pm

Second time Guzzi first time GRiSO owner,

I had a 1200 Sport a few years back, Currently I have a Z900RS in the stable with my GRiSO 8v SE.

Currently the GRiSO is on the rack for a full fluids change, New slip on and to undo the flaking wraps that the previous owner put on the exhaust.

Joined here for Technical support and to talk with other GRiSO owners, also to hopefully figure out if anyone knows the make of the aftermarket turn signal on the Tank wing panel piece
See y'all around!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Reduxalicious on Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Congrats!
Indicators *might* be Denali.
Tank panel?

Also, I think you'll want an exhaust with more backpressure.

Just kidding...that was just to set Beetle off!   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by SMTCapeCod on Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Seems an odd place to have indicators, especially when they are in lieu of the front ones.

How would oncoming traffic be able to see these indicators?
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:50 am

Welcome from NC!
not sure about the indicators. I have toyed with thoughts of low profile indicators in that location.
what do they look like from the front and side when they are on?

Dilliw likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:53 am

Welcome & hi...

Agree with Kiwi Dave; looks like PO ditched the OEM ones to fit the screen (cos they are hard to work around) & then just chucked some mini blinkers on the nearest flat surface.....lalso ooks like rear conventional ones gone as well - are there plug in ones at the rear as well ??
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:53 am

SMTCapeCod wrote:

Also, I think you'll want an exhaust with more backpressure.

Just kidding...that was just to set Beetle off!

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Reduxalicious
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Reduxalicious

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:14 am

paulbrice wrote:
Welcome & hi...

Agree with Kiwi Dave; looks like PO ditched the OEM ones to fit the screen (cos they are hard to work around) & then just chucked some mini blinkers on the nearest flat surface.....lalso ooks like rear conventional ones gone as well - are there plug in ones at the rear as well ??

The rear signals were swapped with 'MotoGadget M-Blaze Pin Turn Signal'

Chris W wrote:
Welcome from NC!
not sure about the indicators. I have toyed with thoughts of low profile indicators in that location.
what do they look like from the front and side when they are on?

Battery is out of the bike at the moment but this is a front profile shot,

The turn signals work well during the day and even better at night, both are extremely bright.

This whole bike has been confusing, I can see what the previous owner was going for with the wrapped pipes and the low profile signals.

Pawel Spoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:46 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto! I'll refrain from commenting on the wrap and the blinkers...no I won't, I don't like 'em. But hey, it's not my bike, so enjoy it. How bad can it be? It's a GRiSO!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Last edited by Street on Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reduxalicious likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Reduxalicious
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Reduxalicious

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:28 pm

Street wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto! I'll refrain from commenting on the wrap and the blinkers...no I won't, I don't like 'em. But it's not my bike, so enjoy it. How bad can it be? It's a GRiSO!

Pete (Street)

Very Happy
I don't either that's why the pipes are off, They actually aren't as bad as I'd thought they'd be just need to research for ways to clean them up.

I also even figured out how to get the turn signals off!
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:35 am

the pipes are polished stainless - various metal cleaners will work. there are lots of threads and you tube videos for this. as I am sure you know, just make sure there is no oily residue left on them after the cleaning process

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:57 am

Pipe cleaning with 2400 grade wet and dry paper
lubricated by light oil (or paraffin or WD40)
comes up nicely

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:55 pm

Welcome! I'm in Austin although my GRiSO lives I'm NC.

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:30 am

[quote="Reduxalicious"]
paulbrice wrote:
Welcome & hi...

The turn signals work well during the day and even better at night, both are extremely bright.

This whole bike has been confusing, I can see what the previous owner was going for with the wrapped pipes and the low profile signals.

the blaze thingis work great, what about the exhaust pipes below the wraps ? do they start to rust ? i like the looks but on my xt 500 they completely destroyed the iron exhaust manifold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Texas
Page 1 of 1