GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Nasty gunk and plenty of it

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

Nasty gunk and plenty of it Empty
PostSubject: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:05 am

Just flushed the hydraulics. Which in typical Guzzi manner behaved about 180degrees off the expectation, which was that the front fluid might be cooked but the others ok.

Fronts: Used hard, pretty clean.
Rears: Nearly unused, dark brown
Clutch: Nasty. Looked like someone had dumped a tablespoon of moly in there. Fine black particulate, ugly aluminum corrosion under cap, downstream fluid looking cooked.

It was easy, though not pleasant, and you really do want a third hand. Am sharing this as it seems to me this is a neglected maintenance item, yet is so doable.

Anyone got a source for a good, cheap, big syringe so I can reverse bleed the Le Mans? Not getting it done to my satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:38 pm

brake line Vacuum bleeders on ebay, mainly chinese cheapo stuff, usually work fine (for a few goes at least)....
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:09 pm

I was actually hoping someone would pipe up about the cause and nature of the black gunk in the clutch reservoir.

Buehler?

The GRiSO’s hydraulics bled fine, and thank you, but the Le Mans not so much.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Nobody knows for sure. All we do know is that CARC bikes, (And V11's!) are murder on their clutch fluid. Change it often.
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Hey Pete, remember me, we rollerized my ‘09 8V in Moto Grappa.
So. What’s often?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:34 pm

We do it every 10,000 service.

So you've still got the GRiSO! Good news. Hope all is well.

Have you still got whatever tools we bought to perform the Rollerisation? I know you were hoping to sell them. I'll buy them if you like and they can go to someone willing to mind them as 'Loaners' for a donation to MSF.
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:55 am

Absolutely, yes, let me track them down. Great suggestion.
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:59 am

And yes, aside from BS like stuck seats, the bike seems great, thank you, though the valves are NOISY but in spec unless something came loose, which I seriously doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nasty gunk and plenty of it   Nasty gunk and plenty of it Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Nasty gunk and plenty of it
Page 1 of 1