GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Should I Be Concerned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Should I Be Concerned Empty
PostSubject: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:57 am

Just ran a HPI Check everything checks out except
   The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 26/07/2012
   V11NDH was registered to this vehicle on 01/09/2010 new bike registration in the UK
       There are no alerts recorded against V11NDH

Why would somebody want keep that plate or change it to KS60ZVK any clues?
Where is the Vin Number on the GRiSO?

Last edited by Buellbloke on Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:04 pm

VIN is located on left side of steering neck.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:55 am

People change plates all the time - especially if they have ego that requires reg plates that even vaguely resemble them or their names or initials or anything. I've bought several cars which have had plates changed just before selling cos they wanted to keep a specific one.....generally all OK as long as basic checks don't flag anything else.

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:03 pm

paulbrice wrote:
People change plates all the time - especially if they have ego that requires reg plates that even vaguely resemble them or their names or initials or anything. I've bought several cars which have had plates changed just before selling cos they wanted to keep a specific one.....generally all OK as long as basic checks don't flag anything else.

There is a Guzzi V11 so maybe a mate wanted it or they bought one and transferred.
Nothing bad against it flagged up. No mention on V5 though only found thru HPI check.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:56 pm

I purchased a brand new 1997 Moto Guzzi California 75° Anniversary model (No. 736/750) in Los Angeles in 2000.  Spotted it in a Ducati dealership a couple of years earlier, and when I returned to the shop, there she was.  The dealer opened his books, and sold to me and his cost price, he was so happy to get rid of it.

A week or so later, the registration plate and papers turned up in the mail.  It had been registered as a Ducati California 75° Anniversary!  It took quite a few visits to the DMV to get the papers changed.

She now sits resides here in Kiwi land with me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

drburt and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:13 am

As long as the V5 has the current reg & VIN, you'll be fine - I don't think they record plate changes (they used to record a plate change as a new owner but think that ended with digital world).

This is on ebay Uk at moment

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:20 am

Buellbloke wrote:
   V11NDH was registered to this vehicle on 01/09/2010 new bike registration in the UK

How many previous keepers are there on the V5 ? I'm guessing original owner put it on a personal plate (maybe at one stage had a V11 & his name was Nigel Dave Hallam ?), then when he sold it, it went onto an age related plate

lcjohnny and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:39 pm

Dave R wrote:
Buellbloke wrote:

How many previous keepers are there on the V5 ?  I'm guessing original owner put it on a personal plate (maybe at one stage had a V11 & his name was Nigel Dave Hallam ?), then when he sold it, it went onto an age related plate

4 sounds bad up to 12k miles, though not so bad when consider latest 2014 Black Devil GRiSO 1200SE on Churchills website for sale @9k has 3 and only 3k miles.
Shame last owner of mine never cleaned it, still am enjoying stripping it servicing all of it and going over it. Its ok for a scruffy GRiSO 1200 Cool
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Had mine three years now, two previous owners (although one only kept it for three months).  It had 10000, FSH, Agostini can, loads of other bits & pieces.  I paid £6900 - the dealer delivered it for that price (Doncaster to Nottingham) - told me he'd undepriced it.  They seem to be going up in price now.

Last edited by Dave R on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:45 pm

Dave R wrote:
Had mine three years now, two previos owners (although one only kept it for three months).  It had 10000, FSH, Agostini can, loads of other bits & pieces.  I paid £6900 - the dealer delivered it for that price (Doncaster to Nottingham) - told me he'd undepriced it.  They seem to be going up in price now.

Bargain! you did really well there, dealerwise everything has risen a grand as peeps can do finance, private sales belts have been tightened.
Lots of GRiSO owners are clueless about what they are selling and how to sell it.
Often dealers unused to Guzzi's want shot of them sharpish, they do have issues Laughing
Churchill Motorcycles will usually pounce on 2014/2015 SE's if left to linger, tart them up stick new tires and hike the price up.
Bike I just bought owner had no clue about rollerisation and was just as surprised as me to discover it had been done.
Advertised over a month and was the only interested party, though put that down to him only having a local number and no messaging/email contact info via Bike Trader.
It did look kinda scruffy and molested though interesting too with SE wheels and black nacells, plus a lot less people like white bikes as opposed to black/coloured in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I Be Concerned   Should I Be Concerned Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Should I Be Concerned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: