GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The Red Tubed Key

Go down 
+2
beetle
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:52 pm

So did a search returned no hits, have seen other bikes with red keys though this one has a red tube on a regular key.
Can I swap them around as evidently the Guzzi logo has become unafixed to the in normal use key?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:42 pm

It's the master key. I think. Mine is the same. I also lost the glued on logo on my "normal use" key.

I got some spares. The Master key shall remain unused. The new keys actually work in the ignition switch better than the originals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:13 pm

beetle wrote:

It's the master key. I think. Mine is the same. I also lost the glued on logo on my "normal use" key.

I got some spares. The Master key shall remain unused. The new keys actually work in the ignition switch better than the originals.

Where did you get them please? a dealer or online somewhere?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:22 pm

I got them from TLM in The Netherlands.. They were factory programmed keys. Silca make clonable keys, but you need to have them cloned from your originals. With factory keys, you just need to get the dash to recognise them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:31 pm

I'm disappointed, my spare key for the V85TT only has a black sleeve. Ripped off!

drburt likes this post

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I'm disappointed, my spare key for the V85TT only has a black sleeve. Ripped off!

There must be new accountants at the factory.  My V85 came with two usable keys.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:01 pm

I lost one of my keys...Have no clue how. Getting senile.
I hope AF1 racing can help me with this...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:11 pm

Do you know your user code? If so? No problem. If you don't know your user code you have to start being really careful with the one key you have.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:40 am

I don't think I do Pete... don't remember seeing it anywhere in the paper work when I bought the bike new (or any of the GRiSO I owned for that matter)
There is the small tag with a number on hte ring that came with the keys...isn't that useful at all?
I had a key made for my 07 when I bought it back in 2011. It was a left over stock brand new bike and the importer lost one of the keys somehow.
The dealer gave me a blank when I picked the bike up and I had a local locksmith cut the key for me...
I was able to program it but don't remember how I did it. lol
All I know is that it was easy and straight forward...

AF1 is a pain in the ass to deal with these days...you can't reach them by phone. Morons!
I'll try the guzzi dealer near Tampa then.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 am

When you turn on the ignition do you still get the 'Don't forget to insert your user code' message at the bottom of the dash?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:05 pm

Yes, that message comes up everytime.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Excellent! You're laughing then! It's never had a user code inserted which in this circumstance is the only one that that is a good thing.

The user code is a security device. If someone tries to force the ignition the dashboard won't recognise a key and will ask for your user code. Since you haven't installed one it will still be the factory default of five zeroes. Installing your own code is a wise move as it will enable you to start the bike if you have an antenna failure at some point when riding. If that happens the dash once again won't recognise the key and will ask for your user code. If you don't have one you'll be calling a tow truck. Leaving it at five zeroes is unwise as that is the first thing a thief will try.

In this circumstance though not having a code is a good thing because it will allow you to program anything up to six keys through the dash.

Buy yourself a pair of 'Factory' keys and get them cut by a decent locksmith.

Take all three keys home and get with the bike.

Use the working key to turn the bike on and set the toggle on the left switchblock to 'Mode'.

Go into the menu and choose 'Change the code'. This will bring up a screen with a zero and four dashes on it. Use short presses of the button to scroll through the numerals of the first number from 0 to 9 and choose the first number of your code. When you reach it? Hold the button down and it will move to the next number in the sequence. Repeat the process five times until you have inserted your code, all five numbers. DO NOT FORGET YOUR CODE! Write it down somewhere safe. Make sure it's something you won't forget. I use the first five numerals of my birth date 'cos I'm unlikely to forget it!

You now have your own user code and you won't get that irritating message every time you turn the bike on!

Now to program your new keys scroll through the menu to 'Change the key', (This might be in the diagnostics menu? I can't remember but find it, it's easy enough.). Hold the button down and you will be asked to 'Insert your user code' which you now have. Once you have inserted the code the screen will say 'Insert second key'. Turn off the ignition and the dash will remain 'Live' for 20 seconds. Within that 20 seconds remove the first key and insert the second and turn the ignition back on. After a couple of seconds you'll get a message saying 'Key memorised' or something like that followed by 'Insert third key'. You repeat the turning off the ignition and inserting the next key until you run out of keys or reach the maximum of six. When you remove the last key just let the dashboard count down to zero and it will turn off. Leave it for a few seconds and then turn the ignition on again and you should find that all three keys now work! An added bonus will be that having inserted your own code you won't get the stupid message at start up and having at least two keys if you do forget your user code you can write in a new one using the 'Code recovery' function in the dash.

LBC Tenni likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:33 pm

That is probably what I did to my 07 back in 2011.
I'm getting a few keys then...
Pete, you're such a Gem. Thanks for all the help you provide on these boards. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:19 am

Who designed these f*cking keys, some short fat italian, you need special tools to fit a fob thing is f*cking massive Laughing
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:44 am

Huh?

scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:02 am

beetle wrote:

Huh?

scratch

Same here...
Wut? scratch
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:31 am

Fit a key ring to one of these keys in under 2 mins Laughing

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 am

scratch Sorry. Never had an issue. Never even gave it a second's consideration. Sounds terribly like a FWP to me.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:50 am

Pete Roper wrote:
scratch  Sorry. Never had an issue. Never even gave it a second's consideration. Sounds terribly like a FWP to me.

Thought would have a laugh at my own expense, I do know how to abuse myself Rolling Eyes
See these flat things these are keys, the ones on the left are fatter, the GRiSO key is f*cking enormous, need some huge impliment to open up the tiny ring.
Then discover impliment is bigger than the ring, even when the ring seems so stretched like it wont retain its shape its still not enough Laughing
Phat key for phat bike, its no wonder the badge gets damaged or comes unstuck Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Red Tubed Key Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Tubed Key   The Red Tubed Key Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Red Tubed Key
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: