GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Screens and fairings?

Go down 
+9
paulbrice
Bill Dee
Street
Oz1200Guzzi
BobW981
kiwi dave
LBC Tenni
Lazlokovacs
Pete Roper
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jmj77
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
jmj77

Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:10 am

Hi Pete, thanks for kind words. Yes I did, at 2017. Made that by myself, and actually used your written info and videos for reference, thank you very much! Hardest part was getting roller kit from Italy, it took about three months until I got right parts.

Regards, Jani
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:48 am

It is my eternal nightmare that there are still people out there who are blissfully unaware and destroying their motors. They aren't making them any more and parts are rapidly drying up. More and more stuff is NLA and unlike Loopframes and Tonti's, the CARC bikes, like the V11's, never sold in such numbers to maintain a huge aftermarket. At least the V11's have a shared motor, or at least large parts of it are common to other models. With the CARC series we aren't so lucky........
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:51 am

Jani, I also like the look of that fairing on your Tenni.

Good job!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:33 am

It seems that according to Townsville Peter, who owns a Cali Titanium, that fairing was also used on a variety of V11's including I assume, Scura, Coppa Italia, Balabio and Cafe Sport, at least they are tho ones I think share the same or similar fairing.

As Peter said though, good luck with finding one! They are another item carved from Unicorn ivory!
Back to top Go down
jmj77
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
jmj77

PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:53 am

Pete and Peter, you are right, it's not easy to find one. I was lucky, and found mine as a brand new from ebay UK. Another fairing that I was thinking two years ago, was screen used by some Guzzi Centauros. But same problem with that, finding one could be even harder than with this one.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:02 am

Oh yes! A Centauro Sport screen isn't just carved from unicorn ivory it is mounted with a framework made of rocking horse shit! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:24 am

BobW981 wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:
That's a V7 III I think which is of course nothing like a GRiSO. I was wondering about the A800, they make a fitting kit for that BMW thingy but it wouldn't work for us.

It depends what you want I suppose. The Dart and their ilk are all quite small, the'Big' factory screen and something like the A800 aren't a lot bigger. That's why I opted for the National Cycle and now the HUGE Parabellum. I really want something that offers some serious weather blockage!

Pete, I’ve had it confirmed, you’re spot on 👍

The current seller bought the Givi to fit V7 III Stone (also BMW R nine T).  Except his is the Stone Night with a lowered headlight, hence it can’t be made to fit.

So my $64 Million question is: Do you think a V7 fairing can be adapted to fit the GRiSO?

At 6’ 3” and broad, for my personal riding I’d prefer a tall fairing / screen to keep my upper body out of the airstream for prolonged high speed cruising. Hence thinking this may do the trick?
Bob

I fitted that to my V7.  Expensive proposition for what it is.  From eyeballing, at a minimum the turn signals would present a problem.  I have Isetta on the GRiSO.  Not exactly a visual treat, but protecting the instruments is one of my main concerns. If you are serious about the Givi,  I can take/send some pics of the mounting via p/m.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:04 pm

That looks great, Jani, nice job! I did something similar with my Stryker fairing, works great. And welcome to the Ghetto!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

jmj77 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screens and fairings?   Screens and fairings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Screens and fairings?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2