GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Noise is Subjective

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Noise is Subjective Empty
PostSubject: Noise is Subjective   Noise is Subjective Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:05 pm

Is it a ticking or a clacking sound more a clacking sound in the first two gears in low revs, build up the revs and it vanishes.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Noise is Subjective   Noise is Subjective Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:55 pm

hmm
My GRiSO makes very little noise:   for a big aircooled fecker with pushrods and hy-co camchains and bloody heavy flywheel and a bevel. (compare with Triumphs, Nortons, BSAs, Ducati, Laverda)

But if i wear a different helmet or the wind is from the NW or it is All Fools Day it makes many funny noises. -
My least favourite is an engine speed whine worse at low speed - think it is one or both of the hy-vo camchains

Basically if the noise doesn't  get worse, doesn't  affect performance and none of the SERVICE or red lights come on - just ignore it

Last edited by lcjohnny on Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : drinking while typing)

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Noise is Subjective   Noise is Subjective Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:09 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
hmm
But if i wear a different helmet.
Basically if the noise doesn't  get worse, doesn't  affect performance and none of the SERVICE or red lights come on - just ignore it

I have to admit to wearing an open face with tiny holes drilled where your ears go.
Today on my rideout the Termignoni was loud with the baffle in Laughing
There is a clacking sound and it is quite unerving, though it has no effect on performance and no warning lights come on.
Maybe a new beetle map will cure it bom

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Noise is Subjective   Noise is Subjective Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:57 am

Mine sounds like a bag of nails. It's fine.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Noise is Subjective   Noise is Subjective Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:43 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Mine sounds like a bag of nails. It's fine.

It's not a top end sound more like a connection between gearbox and shaft reaction, though only low revs and first couple gears.
Be nice to ride another see if its the same.
There's a local bloke with a 2008 1200 hoping to catch him about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noise is Subjective   Noise is Subjective Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Noise is Subjective
Page 1 of 1