GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE

Go down 
+3
beetle
Pete Roper
Graumannator
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Graumannator
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Graumannator

Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Empty
PostSubject: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:55 pm

For the life of me I can't seem to find the parts number for the FI in any of the online manuals.

Any of you badasses out there know offhand where to source these in the US, and or if there are aftermarket versions that work for it? If so, where to source?

Thanks,

Ben
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:14 pm

From memory they are IPW 189's. I'm sure someone will shriek at me if I've got that wrong.

These are, I assume, knock offs so I won't vouch for them but..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What makes you think you need new injectors? They are usually very reliable?
Back to top Go down
Graumannator
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Graumannator

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:28 pm

The guy I purchased it from 3 weeks ago bought it in 2016 and put it in his garage...and never rode it. Good for me (super low mileage of 4700), but I'm just trying to diagnose some issues, and for basic maintenance. When I pulled them and cleaned the faces and inlets they looked like hammered dogshit (crust everywhere), and I know I still need to pull them off completely and perhaps do a sonic cleaning...so in the meantime I'm looking for options to replace if necessary.

Top that off with the sparkplugs not being seated correctly and I fixed a lot of the issues with a minor tune-up in about an hour a few days ago.

The issues being that the LH side seemed to be firing inconsistently, rough start up, need to wait for the engine to warm-up before adding throttle (or it would stall), and power inconsistency while riding.

Honestly it was all stuff I should have done day 1 when I got her home...she's running great now, so we'll see if I need to do any more tinkering before she has to go up for winter.

Thanks for the info Pete!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:54 pm

If the spark plugs have been messed with then the plug caps will of been removed. If this is done incorrectly damage is almost inevitable. To remove them you need to take off the HT lead covers and lever the caps off from below using a long, thin, flat bladed screwdriver through the oiling tunnel above the exhaust manifold in the front of the head. If the caps are pulled off from the top they tend to tear and then the spark arcs to the rocker cover. This can usually be seen and heard if you remove the HT lead cover and start the bike in the dark when the spark will be more visible and the 'Snap' more audible.

You do know the drill for tuning a W5AM Guzzi? They aren't like most other machines.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:08 pm

Pete, consider yourself shrieked at.

The IWP 189’s were in the early 8V, but a 2016 would have IWP 190’s. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE KNOCK OFFS. The will NOT have the same flow rate as the genuine injectors.

I would suggest a good clean is all they need. Probably all gummed up. As Pete says, a careful inspection of the plug caps is warranted.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:17 pm

I stand corrected. Certainly some of the knock offs are well dodgy but some are OK. Really though if the bike is running OK and you cleaned them as best you could when they were out I'd just run a few tanks of juice through it with 'Jecktor cleaner in and be done with it. The Bosch injectors rarely give any issues.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 pm

Don't, just don't get them from China. Ask me how I know? Probably the last thing to fail - many others things to look at first.

Oh, welcome Ben.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Injectors   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:26 pm

Check out bike sport developments for the real deal Marelli 189,s. Often times substandard injectors of the like come out of China.....Buyer beware. With these cats you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:59 am

My bike came with long NGK plug caps they come off a piece of piss, no issues whatsoever just pull the fuckers off. Should be a pinned upgrade if the originals are so fragile.
Plugs were only in a gentle single handed turn which surprised me. Condition was perfect, copaslipped the threads and nipped them up proper. Ran some Redex injector cleaner thru a couple tank fulls to clean injectors.

[quote="Gootzibird13"] Who did you piss off -1 ghetto cred thought I was the only one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:40 pm

If you do end up needing new injectors, best price I found was through the
Harley Screamin' Eagle catalog (of all places!). They list IWP189s and IWP190s in pairs(kit) and
individually.
IWP189        kit p/n 27400001                 injector p/n 27400003
IWP190        kit p/n 27791-05                 injector p/n= 27772-06
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:00 pm

Good info. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE   Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Need Fuel Injectors for 2012 GRiSO SE
Page 1 of 1