GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Spanner Symbol

Go down 
+2
Oz1200Guzzi
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:02 am

Did a search found no difinitives or cures just the mention that people had it.
Been there since I got the bike assume it's service warning?
Got no issues, havent got around to looking at fault codes can you look at them?
Any way to reset the service spanner thing if thats what it is?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:58 am

12425 is the magic number, as she are writ at the top of this website. To access some "secret mens business" you need to enter the code into the dash when prompted, Service icon (THE Spanner) can be reset.

Download the user guide, if you don't have one...

Bill Hagan and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:17 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
12425 is the magic number, as she are writ at the top of this website. To access some "secret mens business" you need to enter the code into the dash when prompted, Service icon (THE Spanner) can be reset.

Download the user guide, if you don't have one...

Oh so enter diagnostics in the dash menu then enter that code 12425 Cool

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Then scroll through to reset service.

This icon comes up just as you are due for a service and will remain there until, presumably, the service is done and the service agent resets it.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:03 pm

I have to write things down, as my remaining brain cell doesn't hold much any more.  Here's the procedure lifted from the interweb somewhere. No need to engage a service agent.

To deactivate the "spanner" icon, turn the selector near the light switch to MODE.

Recall the MENU function by briefly pressing SET and releasing, then confirm the selection by pressing and holding the same button.

Press and hold the SET button to select the DIAGNOSTICS function.

Enter the service code of the model (12425 for the GRiSO), then select the function 'RESET SERVICE'.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:27 pm

Thanks peeps much appreciated Cool
I too have to write things down due to having a stroke.
Reset the user code the other day after watching Mr Ropers vid, on some numbers the button presses jumped up to the next number above what you wanted and others it didn't well weird Laughing
Very sensitive to pressure that button.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:21 am

Mine has always had the spanner on; partly as I can't be bothered to work out how to get rid of it, partly as I only look at the big numbers on the dashboard, but mainly as I identify as a spanner Wink

lcjohnny and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:27 am

Leaving it on would drive me fucking bonkers!

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:42 am

Am more of the mentality that I knew it was a service light and that the bike had been recently done by the owner. That there were more pressing things to be done.
Now have done the user code because of Mr Ropers vid and also because of the sheer simplicity of sorting that type of thing as part a ride (am switching it on) I might as well do that same time.
Its another tick off me list.
Test of re-packed rear torque arm bush today.

Sorted this was a doddle.
Checked all the fault codes whilst in there. Dash & ECM weren't any  Shocked  Laughing

Last edited by Buellbloke on Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:42 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Don't buy a V85 then, it requires dealer intervention to get rid of the spanner. Unless things have changed, I'd love to hear some news to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:52 pm

I'd rather stick red hot pins in my knob than buy a V85. I think they are a truly horrible motorbike. Not being able to turn off the service icon would just be further icing on the cake. If I did though it might enthuse me to find a way to update my PADS.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:31 pm

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Last edited by Oz1200Guzzi on Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:33 pm

Not officially.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:17 pm

Just a thought looking at my speedo picture, on most bikes the oil pressure light is illuminated and goes out whan the bike is started due to pressure activating the switch turning the light off?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:24 pm

Not on the Digitek dashes. All lights illuminate as the dash boots then go out apart for ones that are activated by either an error or positive input like the neutral light and sidestand being deployed.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:31 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Not on the Digitek dashes. All lights illuminate as the dash boots then go out apart for ones that are activated by either an error or positive input like the neutral light and sidestand being deployed.

Cool thanx Pete I f*cking hate being old as can't even remember the lights illuminating then going out like what you said otherwise might never have asked bom

kiwi dave wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Don't buy a V85 then, it requires dealer intervention to get rid of the spanner. Unless things have changed, I'd love to hear some news to the contrary.

Its the way of the world, make vehicles so as the home mechanic needs a f*cking super expensive data module to get anywhere near the thing.
I've got a GRiSO for life bike means I can work on my bike fix or replace virtually everything myself.
Except tires though only to a loose wheel never let them f*ckers take a wheel off or refit it.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:28 pm

Buellbloke wrote:

Except tires though only to a loose wheel never let them f*ckers take a wheel off or refit it.

I used to feel the same way.  It becomes interesting when your only alternative transport is another motorcycle.

But most places will let you watch them and they normally require advice as a Guzzi is probably a bit of a novelty to them, so these days I let them do it.  It can get complicated removing the wheels yourself!

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:31 pm

paulbrice wrote:
Mine has always had the spanner on; partly as I can't be bothered to work out how to get rid of it, partly as I only look at the big numbers on the dashboard, but mainly as I identify as a spanner Wink

You greased the swing arm and steering bearings but can't figure the spanner Shocked thats some f*cked up shit man Laughing

kiwi dave wrote:
It becomes interesting when your only alternative transport is another motorcycle.

Laughing Strap it on your back Laughing have a mate who's done that Laughing because they charge for wheel removal and refitting.
I've got a girlfriend she has a car, know plenty of people with cars can transport my wheels.
For the time being I have a car too thank f*ck.
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:50 am

I seem to remember that Pete R mentioned the Spanner is timed in KM and not miles so pops up at 10,000Km intervals - I believe.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:11 pm

BrianD wrote:
I seem to remember that Pete R mentioned the Spanner is timed in KM and not miles so pops up at 10,000Km intervals - I believe.

It's timed in kM or miles, depending on your choice of distance display.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spanner Symbol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanner Symbol    Spanner Symbol  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Spanner Symbol
Page 1 of 1