GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Well look at that!

Go down 
+2
Clancy
Pete Roper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:00 pm

This has just been completed and is on its way to me for the Tenni Shitter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Pete Roper on Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

lcjohnny, Leone and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:18 pm

Very noice!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:31 pm

It'll be interesting to compare it to the Matris. The Matris is now superb but it took a lot of effort to get it there! If the Hyperpro is good as it comes I'll be rapt. I have one on the Mana and really think it's a great shock. I'm hoping the GRiSO one will be as good without fiddling.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:55 pm

Is the same length as the stock GRiSO shock, or longer like the Stevio one?

PS. It's very pretty.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:46 am

I'm likely getting the same shock installed next week, possibly only a new spring (which was my intent) but the rubber bumpstop is on its way out and apparently replacing that is so labour intensive that together with the spring it comes close to just replacing the whole rear shock.
Since I'm also getting all the bearings inspected/replaced together with a lot of other maintenance things at the dealer December will be an expensive month 🙈

Looking forward to reading your experiences with that shock Pete!
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:15 am

Clancy wrote:
Is the same length as the stock GRiSO shock, or longer like the Stevio one?

PS. It's very pretty.

Receipt says +10mm
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:26 pm

How much longer is the Stelvio shock than the GRiSO? I haven't got one to measure ATM?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:04 pm

Pete
from mine
GRiSO standard centre to centre shock length - 318-321mm (bit of stiction)
Stelvio shock length centre to centre approx 330mm
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:17 pm

Thanks mate.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:58 pm

Just had the springs replaced at one of Hyperpro's workshops today. No new rear shock, just a a new spring and they replaced the disintegrated bump stop with a new one. The most gain was actually from the frontforks as the 2 year old seals were so tight there was like no movement at all unless using heavy pressure meaning every small bump was not absorbed at all.
Riding position is also changed as the front is now lower than it was, and this is perhaps the biggest benefit as I've never sat so comfortably on the bike before. Steering has improved as well, the bike feeling more steady.
Overall its not as if the bike has suddenly turned into a magical carpet but you do feel a marked improvement, 500€ well spend.

They even checked all the bearings in the rear suspension linkage which were all dry but not yet in a bad condition at all luckily! So they regreased them for me as a service.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:10 am

Pete,
How much did the Hyperpro unit cost you ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:54 pm

About $1,650. It's not a cheap shock but I've had one on my Mana for a decade and it's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well look at that! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well look at that!   Well look at that! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Well look at that!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: