GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Right of Passage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:18 am

Easy peasy once got me balance sorted out Laughing
Small bench jack was £40 off ebay/amazon.
Crown Socket and 14mm hex socket £12 and £4 though had 14mm it werent needed to extract.
Some cheap sash straps or rachet straps £5.
Old axle stands x2.
You will either need the becker stand or a small jack or just big cahoonys to place the bench jack under the bike.
Securing it for working on is the first main job.
As long as you have an ounce of common sense and can put back everything you took off.
Using liberal quantities of grease and anti seize paste the job is not beyond the most basic of home mechanics.
Guess thats me though do sometimes forget to put shit back where it came from  bom
Really you need a torque wrench for the wheel nuts though they are pretty beasty, otherwise most of everything else has locknuts.
Its worth locating rear brake light switch connector block and separating so you can completly remove right side brake pedal mounting plate.

Incidently my swing arm shaft was not torqued up just hand tight. Dont mean hand tight with tools mean hand tight with your bare hand and your finger stuck in the hole.
Right side bearing had copious amounts of grease though leftside had just enough to last another year or so.
As am changing out the shock it was well worth doing as will make that job a breeze.
Also being as my shock pivot block bolt to the swing arm is seized, I needed it off to get it removed. No way I could ignore that.
All my pivot bearings were on their last legs grease wise, just enough, one more winter or season might have killed them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Buellbloke on Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

lcjohnny, BruPo, Leone and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Well done Very Happy

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Good Get!!
Glad you sussed it - just in time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:31 am

BruPo wrote:
Good Get!!
Glad you sussed it - just in time.

Discoverd Universal Joint gearbox end of shaft drive was very stiff on one axis and becoming close to failing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also was able to perform Petes loctite 290 fix on bevelbox.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:20 am

Those swing arm bearings were knackered - the LEFT one wears quicker than the right one as its less sheltered cheers
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:02 am

BrianD wrote:
Those swing arm bearings were knackered - the LEFT one wears quicker than the right one as its less sheltered cheers

Can you answer me a question Don I always assumed the centre of the bearing turned and the rollers rotated.
That the seal remained constant and fixed. On these bearings the whole outside rotates including the seal in its recess.

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:17 am

Right pita trying to align the splines in the bevel box, helps not having the box in gear doh bom
Lubing the splines helps significantly as once aligned it insta slides on Smile

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:04 pm

You get faster ea time you do this.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Right of Passage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right of Passage   Right of Passage Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Right of Passage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: