GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What the hell did I do?

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
Street
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

What the hell did I do? Empty
PostSubject: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:45 pm

GRiSO won't boot up. I was going to take the GRiSO out for a spin yesterday, but it won't start. It's been sitting throughout the pandemic with a battery tender attached and the battery voltage reads 12.7, but when I turn the key on I get no video game action and no start. "Kill" switch is not engaged, bike is in neutral, resting on side stand. I disconnected the negative lead from the battery in hopes of a reset, but nada. What am I missing? Or have I done something bad to my beloved GRiSO? HELP!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:58 pm

No boot up means no electrons. Check the main fuses first, then try a jumper pack. If the jumper pack starts the light show it'll probably just be corroded terminals or earth mount.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:17 pm

I'm gonna say the battery is shagged.  Hook a known good one (even if it's a different size) in parallel with your existing one, and try again.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:46 pm

If it's been on a tender for months? Yes, most probably, but the voltage drop when the solenoid pulls in would tell the story. At the moment he's getting no light show and the light show requires three fifths of fuck all power.

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:05 am

I'm with Pete
start with Main fuse & battery terminals. Check the both ends of the earth in particular

Than chase your 12v from the battery to the fuse box in the tail then to the peripheral circuits like tail and brake light.
the dash should flicker on a unicorns fart of power.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:42 pm

Thanks, Pete etal. I'm surprised at how little corrosion it takes to foil those electrons. Things looked pretty clean, but after a good brushing of the connections, everything works as it should! Lesson learned, GRiSO doesn't like sitting around with his thumb up his butt. He likes to be ridden.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Last edited by Street on Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, Clancy, Bulldog9 and RedMogAndy like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:09 pm

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:20 am

I think that Guzzi use special electrons that drink a great deal of Orvieto or Brunello and cannot always be arsed to go and look in the battery

Bill Hagan, paulbrice and Ditchfinder like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:45 am

Pete - save yourself some effort and take advantage of your local auto parts store's free battery testing service. then start troubleshooting if needed.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:35 pm

No need. See above.

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:55 am

Street wrote:
No need. See above.
I missed that for some reason - glad you had an easy fix!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the hell did I do?   What the hell did I do? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What the hell did I do?
Page 1 of 1