GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+74
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:47 am

One thing about the GRiSO if I may say it, the most sexy, civilized bike as far as looks go. But some days, particularly with the 1200 motor I have and it's current state of tune, it's amazing that I even still have the license to operate the bad bitch.....good God my brothers.

Oz1200Guzzi and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:23 am

ssmith996 wrote:
What did I do with my GRiSO today?  I sold it for more money than I paid for it!  Smile
Sad you are leaving but
especially for USA members
what year was it and what did price you get?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:27 am

Jon,
A 2014 just like mine was traded in here in Savannah, GA about a month ago. It had something like 6k miles on it and was for sale for $8,000. It sold pretty quickly to someone in Atlanta I was told. I suspect it went for asking price or close. It looked completely stock, no farkles……

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:52 pm

Down by the river[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet, Clancy, Richard, Pawel Spoon and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:56 pm

A new pair of shoes for GRiSO; changed out the OEM Metzlers for Pirelli Rosso IVs. OMgiddyG - the danger is that these Rossos let me think I'm a better rider than I really am. Those Metzlers were junk.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:04 pm

I have Metzlers on the Shitter. They came with it. I can't wait for them to wear out. They're horrible!
Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:32 pm

I've been running and liking the Pirelli Angel GT 2's for road and occasional track. They lasted a solid 12k miles.
Now I'm hearing good things about Michelin's new Road 6's
Any reviews on them here?

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:44 pm

BruPo wrote:
I've been running and liking the Pirelli Angel GT 2's for road and occasional track. They lasted a solid 12k miles.
Now I'm hearing good things about Michelin's new Road 6's
Any reviews on them here?

I to have the angels and good, much better than the PR5s... Curious to, about the 6s
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:46 am

I use Pirelli Angel GTs. I had Pirelli Angel GSs before but they wore out too quickly for my liking. The GTs have a harder rubber along the centre line but still hold very well as far as I am concerned.

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:49 am

New seat for the shitter was collected today. Haven't ridden with it, busted ribs somewhat preclude that, but I sat on it and it feels like a seat!

Pics later.

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:05 am

washed it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:30 am

Wash your mouth out with soap! What is this 'Wash' you speak of?
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:38 am

Degs wrote:
Fuck fuck fick fuck arse biscuits.  Dropped mine today.  I have a awkward exit from my garage onto a steep hill and the front end slid out. Scratched the valvole cover,  both the black andd silver bits, scratched the ball end of the front brake lever, scratched the rear footpeg
, and bar end .Bruisedmy foot. Passing biker helped me lift it. Thanks mate.
The GRiSO had neverbeen down beforeand its 20 yearssinceI last Dropped a bike, my cbx 750 when I forgot the disk lock. So nothing too bad. Probablydropedthevalueofthebike by £1000.

I have a brand new RH side valve cover if interested? I dropped my bike in a low speed low side, scuffed the valve cover and other bits, however, the cover I bought is for the newer engine and doesn't fit mine.
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:40 am

This weekend,

Changed oil, filter, transmission and gearbox oil, rear brake pads and having new front tyre fitted tomorrow. Rounded off a fork pinch bolt (almost every bolt on the GRiSO is made of toffee), ordered some news ones to put on when wheel goes back on tomorrow.

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:22 am

In Oz, at least where I live, we don't have problems with the fasteners per se. They get mangled by shit tools and the like but they don't seize and fuck up. Is it the salt on winter roads?

With the rear brake don't forget when you put the new pads in to pull the caliper off it's sliding pins and grease them up. If you don't they'll seize up in a trice and then things become awkward and expensive!

Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:46 am

Pete Roper wrote:
In Oz, at least where I live, we don't have problems with the fasteners per se. They get mangled by shit tools and the like but they don't seize and fuck up. Is it the salt on winter roads?

With the rear brake don't forget when you put the new pads in to pull the caliper off it's sliding pins and grease them up. If you don't they'll seize up in a trice and then things become awkward and expensive!

I dont ride once the salt is on the roads on the UK, but im guessing its a function of British weather.

Regarding the sliding pins, are you referring to the pin that retains the pads?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:23 am

Pete Roper wrote:
New seat for the shitter was collected today. Haven't ridden with it, busted ribs somewhat preclude that, but I sat on it and it feels like a seat!

Pics later.

Pete when and how did you break some ribs??

I must have missed that?

Hope the pain is easing off
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:42 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Wash your mouth out with soap! What is this 'Wash' you speak of?

I'm biting the bullet and selling it. Arthritis and big bikes don't mix-I can only do 30 miles before it gets too painful. Very sad, as I thought it was a keeper. Now looking for a V7.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:42 pm

McCarthy1983 wrote:

I dont ride once the salt is on the roads on the UK, but im guessing its a function of British weather.

Regarding the sliding pins, are you referring to the pin that retains the pads?

Nah. It's a floating caliper. The pistons work on me pad which pushes on the disc and the caliper itself slides on pins away from the disc forcing the inboard pad against the other side of the disc. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

To keep it working the pins the caliper moves on have to be free to move. They are sealed, not very effectively, by rubber boots and are usually assembled with minimal grease on the pins. Obviously on a brake you don't want huge gobs of grease floating about but at the same time the caliper must be kept free on the pins so it can function. When the pads are out the caliper can be pulled off the pins, the pins cleaned up and they can be lubricated with some marine grease. On reassembly any excess should be wiped off before the pads are reinstalled and the caliper and it's mount remounted on the bevelbox.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:06 pm

lcjohnny wrote:

Pete when and how did you break some ribs??

I must have missed that?

Hope the pain is easing off

I fell over a cat grave in the front yard and went arse over tit! Utter stupidity! Rolling Eyes All our ex-felines are buried there and their graves are marked by small brick monuments, (That also stop foxes digging them up!). Doofus comes home, hops out of the car, kicks a brick and injures his ancient self horribly.

There are no Purple Hearts for self inflicted wounds! It is excruciating though.....

lcjohnny and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:05 pm

It's a dangerous world out there, Pete!

Hope you feel better soon.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:29 am

I bet that was fun explaining to the Dr!
Still hurts however you do it
Get well soon
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:39 am

Sesanka, my quack, is a Sri Lankan import. Nothing I do surprises him. He jaut shakes his head, rolls his eyes and quietly lectures me.

Poor bastard...... Rolling Eyes

Top GP. Very thorough. I have a lot of time for him and I'm very cynical about doctors because my dad was one! Laughing

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:10 am

Pete, just don't laugh at your own misfortune - it fuken hurts!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:22 am

Oh I know. This isn't my first rodeo with ribs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 12 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next