GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+77
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
81 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm

I managed to let mine fall of it's side stand last weekend. The stand wasn't pushed fully forward and as I got off the bike it rolled forward slightly and tipped over towards me. I did what any self respecting bike owner would do and stuck my leg under the bike to cushion the fall.
The result was very minor damage to the bike (scuffed up side stand),and I am now the proud owner of a very swollen knee, bruised hip and shin and a feeling that I got off lightly.
Whilst the bike was on it's side I was really worried that a) my lovely Termignoni pipe would be damaged. b) the cylinder head was going to be toast. c) bar end would need replacing and d) how am I going to pick up 220kg's of Mandello's finest?
So, here's my method of picking the bike up. I grabbed the bar on the ground in both hands, facing the bike, knees bent and just lifted the bloody thing. I was so surprised that I lifted it without help that later that evening I raised a glass or two to good luck and fortune.

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny and BruPo like this post

Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:17 pm

Guzzi Two Shoes wrote:
I managed to let mine fall of it's side stand last weekend.  The stand wasn't pushed fully forward and as I got off the bike it rolled forward slightly and tipped over towards me. I did what any self respecting bike owner would do and stuck my leg under the bike to cushion the fall.
The result was very minor damage to the bike (scuffed up side stand),and I am now the proud owner of a very swollen knee, bruised hip and shin and a feeling that I got off lightly.
Whilst the bike was on it's side I was really worried that a) my lovely Termignoni pipe would be damaged. b) the cylinder head was going to be toast. c) bar end would need replacing and d) how am I going to pick up 220kg's of Mandello's finest?
So, here's my method of picking the bike up. I grabbed the bar on the ground in both hands, facing the bike, knees bent and just lifted the bloody thing. I was so surprised that I lifted it without help that later that evening I raised a glass or two to good luck and fortune.

my empathies.
yup, after about a 15 degree lean it's just step aside and guide him down, with perhaps a salute!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:37 pm

Flesh and bones will heal, GRiSO, not so much.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:50 am

Today I took the GRiSO R for a couple of laps around the Industrial Estate, First ride since mid 2019. Someone is coming to look her over tomorrow. it's one of those happy / sad feelings. Happy to have the cash to tip into other projects, Very sad to see something I've poured my heart into leave the fold. Fuck I enjoy riding this bike   cheers  ( I still have the GRiSO Rosso, and the Stelvio, AKA Fat GRiSO )

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:16 am

C'est La vie Ron. Did you ride it again on the track after your crash?
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:01 am

Pete Roper wrote:
C'est La vie Ron. Did you ride it again on the track after your crash?
Yes , Quite a bit Pete. It's no world beater but so much fun to ride when you are constantly wringing its neck. Surprisingly they change gears up and down so much smoother when higher in the rev's.
I feel like a bad pet owner that never walks their dog. I was feeling sad every time I walked into the shed and saw it all covered up.
I've 7 bikes at the moment, it's difficult to move around in the garage and shed, Jan won't let bring one into the lounge Laughing

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Sad to see Ron but life is sometimes like that.

Reminds me, I should move on a few of my bikes too! Problem is I couldn't really be arsed.

Hope you get the $$$ you deserve for this one...

waterbottle likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:49 pm

A lovely looking bike Ron - all credit to you.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:57 pm

Not today but last Sunday, I took the Sport out to Quambone (a small village around 55 km from here) for a couple few reasons:
- I had been neglecting "Black Betty" somewhat of late and needed to give her a run;
- I needed to see a bloke about polishing floorboards; and
- I had never been there before; and
- I had been told they had decent coffee there;

Road wasn't too bad, there is a new piece that has recently be re-tarred - It's great to see the original bumps and undulations were retained - really, really good road/civil engineering it takes to do that!

Chased a few roos down the road and a fox. Had to slow down for a couple of water crossings (only about 1" deep) and some cattle grazing on the road. The cattle were heifers and were obviously being fattened up - they were pretty lean and flighty so I stayed in 2nd gear and just plodded past. Until, that is, the open road beckoned once again. I didn't disappoint the road's calling.

The bloke turned out to be a tool, so I will take my business elsewhere. The coffee was quite good. Temperatures were 17 and 18 the whole trip and some sanity was restored to my mind, body and spirit in the process. I think I saw 3 cars and a truck the whole time.

Quambone is quaint! However it is on the way to Macquarie Marshes, which, I have been told, are most excellent, especially since the rain in the last 6 months. Many species of frogs (some unique to this area) and birds live there. I believe you can also camp there - more exploration to be done.

I will have to get out riding more, as I have 3 registered bikes and another coming up on historic rego. Seems I have no more excuses!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:02 pm

What bloke?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:52 pm

The bloke at Quambone
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:09 pm

Okay, now I understand.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:07 pm

Today I rode Black Betty again. My son was to leave Sydney the beginning of last week but only managed to leave yesterday afternoon, overnighting in Mudgee.

I woke at 2 am with the though that I could meet up with him on his way through. Nevertire was the place, I set off towards Warren via the Castlereagh Highway (17 km only) and Warren Rd. Warren Rd has a total of 11 corners in 85 km. Real speed needs to be reached to start leaning a bike over. Good road, good fun. Had lunch at Warren on the way back as well as putting some (very expensive) fuel in the old girl.

Met up with my son and his partner, chatted for 10 minutes and they kept going on their way to Alice Springs.

Never go to Nevertire, never. There is only a pub - everything else is shut down. Blandsville indeed.

Bill Hagan, waterbottle, lcjohnny and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:04 am

Went for a spin in the country Cool
Stopped at a bike haunt for a fry up.

Bill Hagan, paulbrice, JohnA, lcjohnny, Richard and BowraBoy like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:15 am

^^^^^^^

Lovely!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:19 am

Put a new map in it. Started it and listened. Did some stuff with wideband O2 sensors, just because I can and also, I can't help myself.

Put the battery charger on it. Been maybe 6 weeks since I rode it. Had a small window of opportunity to ride it today, but didn't..see above re "stuff".

Hopefully, tomorrow I can give it the berries.

bounce

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:48 am

Sun came out, so went for a ride. Had to put fuel in. $31.72 for 14.23 litres. I was smiling right up until that point.

Arse!

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:47 am

Buellbloke wrote:
Went for a spin in the country Cool
Stopped at a bike haunt for a fry up.

Where's that? I'm always looking for a new place to visit.
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:41 pm

The cost of fuel is a bugger. Thank God we're into Guzzis rather than V8s!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:28 am

pfft...  I laugh at your $31.72 mortgage.  Razz  Razz

my 5.6L V8 Nissan has a 140l fuel tank.  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

I was filling it daily... Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:41 am

Guzzi Two Shoes wrote:

Where's that? I'm always looking for a new place to visit.

Millbrook just above Mount Edgcombe in Cornwall.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:46 pm

bahamazoo wrote:

I see your Shocked Shocked and raise you Shocked Shocked Shocked

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:24 pm

bahamazoo wrote:

I put 142 gallons of diesel in our rv toter a couple days ago.  That was 1/2 tank.  But, I can go a long way between fills.

Oh, the GRiSO and wife's Spyder ride in the back.

Steak, MrBob, Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, Clancy and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:29 pm

Today I uploaded a video of what I did yesterday. Yesterday was a grand day to take off and get out for a tiny ride, but any ride is a good ride, if it touches ya soul.

MrBob, Oz1200Guzzi, lcjohnny, Richard and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:40 pm

Good to clear your head!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 13 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next