GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+77
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
81 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:03 am

Flushed the brake and clutch circuits , as advised here the clutch fluid looked like sewage.
Have an electric vacuum pump, so it was easy to pull through until it was clear.

Drained and filled the gearbox and final drive
Back to top Go down
Deepdive
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Deepdive

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:37 am

Replaced gaskets.
Reading about engine noise.
Thought, since it´s just working on bolts, replacing them in advance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:50 am

Late summer must be tune-up season at the Ghetto.

Me too, at 24K miles. Full tune; engine oil and filter, gearbox oil, bevel drive oil, valve adjust, TB balance and new spark plugs.

Getting set up for the Kentucky Rally at the end of the month  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Deepdive likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:22 pm

I'll have to miss the Kentucky rally. GRiSO and I, along with Mrs. EIEIO and her Spyder, will be in Albuqueque, NM for the Balloon Fiesta. Might find a nice mountain road or twoo....
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:40 pm

Will you actually get to fly, Rick? I've been in Albuquerque during Balloon Fiesta, but have never flown there. I've ridden in balloons several times, but not there. Sure would love to do that one day.

BTW, the ride up to Sandia Peak is short, but sweet!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:04 pm

Front tyre had slow leak, appeared to be a fine wire through the centre of tread.
Went for a replacement, since close to be being toast. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:55 am

Street wrote:
Will you actually get to fly, Rick? I've been in Albuquerque during Balloon Fiesta, but have never flown there. I've ridden in balloons several times, but not there. Sure would love to do that one day.

BTW, the ride up to Sandia Peak is short, but sweet!

I'm sure I will have the opportunity to go up. We'll be there for two weeks as volunteers. Our campsite is on the north side of the field they use to "launch" the balloons, so we have a ring-side seat. We only have to work 30 hours/week, so will have ample time to explore the area, and check out the local dining.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:47 pm

I'm jealous.

I did a project there in 2013 and really got to know my way around. Having grown up in El Paso, Albuquerque feels a lot like home.

Check out Hacienda del Rio in Old Town, plus Cervantes Restaurant and the Monte Carlo Steak House.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:43 am

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll be checking them out.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:37 am

Hi Rick, kinda was thinking you'd be in Kentucky at the end of the month, since it's like, you know, right there for you. New Mexico is nice, I've ridden through more than a couple times. I had a good friend living there for a few years so it made it easy to stop in. Balloon ride sounds interesting and maybe worth a try in the future, looks fun.

Well sounds like you're in for a good time. Have at it.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:25 am

ratso88 wrote:
Hi Rick, kinda was thinking you'd be in Kentucky at the end of the month, since it's like, you know, right there for you. New Mexico is nice, I've ridden through more than a couple times. I had a good friend living there for a few years so it made it easy to stop in. Balloon ride sounds interesting and maybe worth a try in the future, looks fun.

Well sounds like you're in for a good time. Have at it.

Last year I rode down for just one day and met some nice folks. Oh, and Bill Hagan. Razz

Perhaps we should try to get a gathering of Indiana GRiSO nut together around Christmas? Maybe meet in Little Nashville for lunch?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:17 am

Went to ride it. Dash on. Dead when the starter was pressed.

The battery is on an Optimate solar trickle charger.

Cleaned the terminals, covered them in vaseline, charged the battery. A bit better but no start.

The battery-a Motobatt-charged suspiciously quickly and it's a mere MBX16, so never really produced enough cranking amps.

New Yuasa on order. Thankfully Sports Bike Shop UK has them at 30% off and free next day delivery.

paulbrice and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:03 am

New battery arrived and worked a treat. I also searched for startus interruptus, just in case-which thread holds the definitive answer? I dunno.

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here is one, if you scroll down, more details to come
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Pawel Spoon wrote:

here is one, if you scroll down, more details to come

Thanks. Saw that one, amongst a lot of others. The new battery did the trick but it's only a matter of time. MPH still do their fixing kit.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:43 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
New battery arrived and worked a treat. I also searched for startus interruptus, just in case-which thread holds the definitive answer? I dunno.
Startus Interruptus Fix 2 is quick and easy to do
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:13 am

GRiSO’s stick out. A mate from Sacramento messaged me with this photo this morning; one of us was on Route 95 north of Pahrump. For a second, I thought he’d actually stolen mine.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:24 am

Kentucky
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:26 am

Picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and GhostBullet like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:56 am

Rode a nice loop on the east side of Albuquerque, NM, including a run up to Sandia Crest. What a road!!!
Back to top Go down
Nicollini
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Nicollini

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:39 pm

Took the Tenni out for a ride from Newport Beach...down to Dana Point...and then Inland taking Route 74, Ortega Highway. Stopped at Lookout Roadhouse for a little break, turned back around and enjoyed a mellow ride up PCH through Laguna Beach. FYI, for anyone thinking about Ortega, road has some repair work being done, 1/3 of it not easy riding conditions. The Tenni hummed beautifully.

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:06 am

Wow, things have really grown up around Lake Elsinore. Ortega Highway was a favorite when I was living in Southern California as a young man in the early 80's. We'd fill up on the west side, tear ass over the top, fill up on the east side and do it in reverse order. Motors being pretty thirsty when held wide open for miles at a time. Good memories of carefree youth.

Sounds like you had a pleasant outing all together.
Back to top Go down
Nicollini
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Nicollini

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:19 am

ratso88 wrote:
Wow, things have really grown up around Lake Elsinore. Ortega Highway was a favorite when I was living in Southern California as a young man in the early 80's. We'd fill up on the west side, tear ass over the top, fill up on the east side and do it in reverse order. Motors being pretty thirsty when held wide open for miles at a time. Good memories of carefree youth.

Sounds like you had a pleasant outing all together.

I did have a good time, it was fairly quiet as I set off East around Mid day, it is pretty technical though, I felt myself riding with much more caution than I anticipated.....maybe it's because I'm a bit older as well.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:26 pm

ratso88 wrote:
Picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was there … for a few minutes. Wink

Rode the GRiSO after satisfying myself — a very low bar  Viva la Fiesta — that I had fixed the speed-sensor cable and rear brake cross-threading.

Larry LaHue — on his very new V7-850 — rode up to the Moto Grappa last Tuesday from Ormond Beach, Fla.

Bob Wegman — on his very old EV cheers — rode down from Rochester, N.Y.

We all rode to Maysville, Ky., on day 1.  Bob then headed home via Columbus, Ohio, to see an old friend.  Larry and I did a cameo at the Kentucky rally at about noon, then headed to Daviess County for mutton, beer, bourbon, BS, and a Hagan family reunion.

More pix than anyone will want to see soon.

What grand roads much of the way, e.g., this on SR 1504 just south of Mount Olivet, Ky.

Bill

GhostBullet, Clancy, PJPR01, SMTCapeCod, Pawel Spoon and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:01 am

Damn Bill, sorry to have missed you. I don't recall seeing any other GRiSO out there. Yeah, great riding, bourbon, beer and BS'ing. Your name did come up one evening regarding mutton and Kentucky.

Maybe next time.

Small world.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 17 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 17 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next