GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+77
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
81 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:09 pm

[quote=
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/quote]
what am I seeing here - the alternator belt?!
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:23 pm

Yes, looks like the last strand of one.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:11 pm

DAMN - never seen a belt of any kind get down to one strand!

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:15 pm

Chris W wrote:
DAMN - never seen a belt of any kind get down to one strand!
You have now  !  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:40 pm

I changed one that had NONE and one had 5, ground up laying on bottom of cover.
I made a tool just like factory, measured the factory tool at work.

Bill Hagan and GhostBullet like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:10 am

The GRiSO made it home on the oversized belt, a fair bit of slipping when I removed the cover to see how it had fared. Now have to hunt down a proper size one. And its got me thinking about the timing chain. I cannot see or find much in the way of how to do the job, the workshop manual does not go into that detail. And have not yet found any video or images on the process.
Will keep hunting though.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 am

Ran the duster over GRiSO and hooked up the battery tender. Just recovered from eye surgery, so found some bugs I missed and removed them. Sloppy, sandy streets here.

Bill Hagan, JohnA, GhostBullet, lcjohnny and BobW981 like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:33 am

Wow Bob. What kind of cleaner/wax do you use? That paint is stunning!!

At the moment, my GRiSO is sitting about 10' from me, in the garage area of the camper. I'll unload it in the morning and take a romp about the hills and valleys of western Texas.

Bill Hagan and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:38 am

Bug slide, bug remover- cleaner.
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:38 am

Fitted new correct sized belt, reset tps n did throttle body balance. Need a new park bulb and cable lug for the positive (crack found) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:03 pm

hope winter is over soon. 11 degrees celsius today, took off the wheels and brought them to dealer for a new pair of diablo rosso III.
had IV s last year. way too expensive, pretty low mileage and not as good as promised.
Back to top Go down
Robeartato
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robeartato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:28 pm

Funny that - was 11 degrees here today but we stopped salting the roads round here last month - I believe Austria is a bit all over the place with ice like Germany right now?

Did a 300km run to test this new Beeline GPS. It's quite nifty and very responsive- a requirement given it's a turn-by-turn only navigation.

Only complaint thus far is that it doesn't seem to let me treat a waypoint as a "stop" So I was 20 minutes out of Birmingham before i realised I'd missed the bloody shop I was going to pass!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:12 pm

I like the minimalism of the beeline, but like all Satnavs it hates complex junctions and being google maps based it has funny ideas about where one road stops and another starts Very Happy.

You need to zoom in and place waypoints carefully. If you get them in a pedestrian area it sucks as you cannot delete them from the route. Need to stop and reroute.

After 10,000 miles with mine i try to avoid waypoints and quickly set a new journey from each stop

Robeartato likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:52 pm

Oops, just mounted a Garmin bracket on my GRiSO today, and now two members introduce a to me unknown and interesting brand, the Beeline! Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:50 pm

SFA! However I did get the V85TT out for a blast - life is good, now it's hot.
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:11 am

The GRiSO took me on a hot summer afternoon pootle. 🌞🌞😊[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Clancy and Florida lime like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:44 am

I grabbed the pannier rack as I walked past the GRiSO to get a tenon saw.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 am

beetle wrote:

I grabbed the pannier rack as I walked past the GRiSO to get a tenon saw.

I think that it's telling you to pack your panniers and ride somewhere.
The long way.

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:50 pm

Pawel Spoon wrote:
hope winter is over soon. 11 degrees celsius today, took off the wheels and brought them to dealer for a new pair of diablo rosso III.
had IV s last year. way too expensive, pretty low mileage and not as good as promised.

Any riding yet with the RossoIII? I loved them on the Street Triple R, retried them on the Daytona 955i but they were no good match. The Dunlop Roadsmart IV was perfect for the big Triumph and also is a hoot to ride and very confidence-inspiring on the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:52 pm

el capitan wrote:

Any riding yet with the RossoIII? I loved them on the Street Triple R, retried them on the Daytona 955i but they were no good match. The Dunlop Roadsmart IV was perfect for the big Triumph and also is a hoot to ride and very confidence-inspiring on the GRiSO.

Nope, winter came back. Had even some snow again Sad

today i did some slow 80 km, first impression: not bad, definitely not worse then mark 4
no slips so far.

Last edited by Pawel Spoon on Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:07 pm

I went to start the GRiSO today.

Dead as a door nail. Suspect
I haven't checked yet, by I hope it's just the battery. If it is, I can't complain - I only paid $50 for it over 2 years ago for it. A fully charged Shorai that had sat on a shelf at a local dealer for a couple years, so they discounted ita LOT. Wink
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:54 pm

Rode up to Orange to attend a wedding.
Went there via Crookwell & Trunkey Creek.
A beautiful day and a fun road. It's definitely one of my favourites.

Stayed overnight, and came back via Canowindra and Cowra.
Another beautiful day, road conditions were mixed, but was still very enjoyable being out & about on the GRiSO.
550km round trip.

While at Cowra I stopped in to visit and reflect at the War Cemetery.
Australian and Japanese soldiers are interned here.
Until 1964, the Japanese war graves were cared for and maintained by the local Retired Serviceman's League (RSL), who treated them with the same respect for fallen soldiers that is given to our own.
In 1964, the land was ceded to Japan, a Japanese stone garden built & memorial trees planted, and has since been visited by Japanese royalty.

MrBob and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:11 am

lcjohnny wrote:
I like the minimalism of the beeline,.......

You need to zoom in and place waypoints carefully..... as you cannot delete them from the route.

They have just updated the Beeline software and apparently waypoints can now be deleted while a route is running. I have updated the app but not yet tried it
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:40 pm

put knight design feet rest on gristress, what a relief !

but: 50 bucks for shipping to europe, 64 for customs.
paid 300 instead of 190

however: nicely low

guess next stop: risers

Last edited by Pawel Spoon on Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:54 pm

Florida lime wrote:
I went to start the GRiSO today.

Dead as a door nail.  Suspect
I haven't checked yet, by I hope it's just the battery. If it is, I can't complain - I only paid $50 for it over 2 years ago for it. A fully charged Shorai that had sat on a shelf at a local dealer for a couple years, so they discounted ita LOT. Wink
Finally had the battery show up, and I did the install, along with a new air filter from AF1. Full power when I turned the key, but a solitary click under the seat when I pressed the button. Crying or Very sad
Thought it sounded like Startus Interuptus before I fixed that, so I checked that circuit's:cheers: 15 amp fuse. Thumbs Up
Took it out for the first ride after sitting during the colder winter than average we've had, and I'm very happy with the changes I made during the cold weather. I had pulled out all the Power Commander crap that the PO had installed, and I had replaced the stock shock with a fully adjustable Matris.
Runs SO much better, and definitely improved the ride and handling with the shock adjusted longer.

A couple pictures comparing it to the bike I rode the day before. Very Happy

GhostBullet, lcjohnny and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 22 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next