GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Asymetric light?

Go down 
+3
bahamazoo
lcjohnny
bjor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:53 am

A short question; does the GRiSO have asymetric headlight? Asking since I'm buying from a country where they drive on the wrong side of the road and wonder if I should start looking for a new headlight ...
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:19 am

I think that my UK one may be left-hand dip but the standard beam is so dispersed and weak that no one will notice -

No one noticed (not even me) when i left it pointing 10 degrees high after fitting the spotlamps Sad

paulbrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:20 am

You're probably right. Question is more if they are marked for left - right hand driving. I'm thinking of the inspectors that are going to approve the re-registration... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:47 am

I don't think that there are different E markings for left or right dip - the number after the E just indicates the country where that lamp type was tested for conformity with European Regs the Truck Electrics site is meant to be good Truck Electrics Headlight page.
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:00 pm

Tanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm

I imported a US model into Australia.... no one even questioned the headlight bias - even if there is one.

but you'll want a new headlight anyway Razz

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm

bahamazoo wrote:
I imported a US model into Australia.... no one even questioned the headlight bias - even if there is one.

but you'll want a new headlight anyway Razz
I'll give it a try.
By the way, which headlight do I want? Suggestions anyone?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:45 pm

you want the JW speaker adaptive like this JW speaker adaptive linky

They seem to have really tight contracts with the chinese manufacturers so the quality is good.....but the price is high
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:08 pm

I purchased an Eaglelight 7" adaptive headlight for my 2017 Indian Classic, that was operating a pathetic incandescent bulb that was barely glowing.

The difference is amazing, but it took most of the day to swap it out.  To replace the bulb would take almost the same time!

My Eaglelight cost me US$202 including shipping, a fraction of the prices for the JW Speaker ones in the link above.

Haven't yet observed the adaptive feature, where the light pattern follows the road rather than the lean of the motorcycle.

paulbrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:14 am

Where did you get the Eaglelight 7" adaptive from? - i can't find in ona web search
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:29 am

JW Speaker, yes, but uhh the price...!
I can find the Eaglelights : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but nothing tailord for Moto Guzzi. Have eventually to find some measures....
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:19 am

There's heaps to choose from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:57 pm

bjor wrote:
JW Speaker, yes, but uhh the price...!
I can find the Eaglelights : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but nothing tailord for Moto Guzzi. Have eventually to find some measures....

You may find a solution here —> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Did ask if it works on GRiSO. Answer was yes Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:32 pm

I have a JW Speaker adaptive light on my bike. I have yet to ride it after dark so I can't comment on its efficacy but by reputation they are very good.

What I can say is that it is a very stylish looking light and it does a truly impressive and wanky little dance when the ignition is turned on. Laughing

I bought it through Motodemic as an assembled unit with its own bucket that was supposedly 'Plug and Play' but in reality it needed a bit of screwing around to get it to fit. The bucket is slightly too wide for the mount. My solution was to simply loosen the mounting brackets and that got me enough movement to enable me to get the light into position before re-tightening the bolts. Not ideal but it worked with no damage.

What it did do is damage my wallet! By the time it landed, (I got slugged by customs.) it was a $1,500 purchase which is of course absurd for a headlight. I can of course write it off against tax though through the business. As Joe Blow Citizen this wouldn't be an option.

Prior to this I was running one of the cheap Chinese units secured in the original bucket with 'W' clips. This worked OK but it was hard to align as there was no way to index it in the bezel and it never really felt secure. It had no approval markings so isn't strictly legal and is prone to getting condensation inside the lens. In all honesty it's pretty crappy but there again I think it only cost about $60 so it's hardly surprising it isn't brilliant, (If you'll excuse the pun!)

The Motodemic light is also shallower than the stock bucket giving the bike a slightly 'Pushed in' appearance a bit like a boxer's nose. I quite like that. Others might not.

El cheapo shitbox light.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Expensive Motodemic/JW Speaker adaptive light.

Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:09 pm

The early LED headlights had a fan in the back for cooling.

The Stedi unit I fitted and all I've seen available now don't seem to,
but the back of the Stedi unit has cooling fins.

I cut out the back round section of my plastic, carbon wrapped, standard headlight shell.

I think either a steel or aluminium shell or cooling  slots or similar in plastic is necessary to prevent the headlight overheating.

The Led headlights that are compatible with the GRiSO are suitable for Jeeps so to find options google or eBay search "Jeep led headlights."

I got my annual warrant of fitness inspection last week, the first since I fitted the Stedi unit, it passed being both E11 and  DOT stamped.

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:48 pm

evansnows wrote:
The Led headlights that are compatible with the GRiSO are suitable for Jeeps so to find options google or eBay search "Jeep led headlights."

That's what I installed on my GRiSO 1200, with guidance from Beetle. The original bucket shell was not included in the new set up.
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:39 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I have a JW Speaker adaptive light on my bike. I have yet to ride it after dark so I can't comment on its efficacy but by reputation they are very good.

Interesting Pete, I didn't catch that it was adaptive! I checked a video that shows how it works, and it looks like the perfect solution against crashing into a moose or other wild game on dark and rainy autumn roads. In that perspective it might even be worth the extra costs...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Asymetric light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asymetric light?   Asymetric light? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Asymetric light?
Page 1 of 1