GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia

Go down 
+13
kiwi dave
CrazyBiker
Pawel Spoon
SMTCapeCod
Steak
lcjohnny
bioman
Chris W
Street
guzziownr
Clancy
Pete Roper
Tazmanian
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tazmanian
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tazmanian

New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Empty
PostSubject: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:21 pm

Greetings everyone! I've just purchased my 1st Moto Guzzi. It is a 2012 GRiSO 8V SE in Tenni Green. To my knowledge it is the only Tenni in my country. Only 18,xxxkm on it with a fresh pair of Angel GT II & stock exhaust.
I've owned a Yamaha R25, Ducati Hyperstrada 821 & Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 in the past and the GRiSO will compliment my current 2017 Yamaha MT09 Tracer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Base on the engine # it is rollerized (A8013860), but i've learn the hard way to not leave the bike out in the sun. I've got a center slightly faded LCD patch because of that. That wasn't the case last week when i bought it... Rolling Eyes

I'm also curious if the stock exhaust is missing a bolt or something. The exhaust can is able to rotate slightly on the footpeg hangar. Appreciate any input from seniors here who got the bike new. Thanks![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PJPR01, Moto degs and Pat like this post

Back to top Go down
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJXUsJY
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:26 pm

Yes, you are missing the mounting bolt and washers for the can.

Only way to be certain it's a roller motor is to look.

Back to top Go down
Tazmanian
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tazmanian

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:31 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Yes, you are missing the mounting bolt and washers for the can.

Only way to be certain it's a roller motor is to look.

I see... So there is a second mounting bolt to the footpeg hole on the left with washers inbetween yeah?

About the roller cover, will i need new seals or gaskets etc. if i open it up to check? Or is it a simple operation of removing the side panels and the 4 top screw heads & install it back after...?
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:13 pm

My regularly serviced 2012 has nearly 50k kms and still has the original seals, so you should be fine…..but I do have new ones on hand for the day that they’re no longer good.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:30 pm

Most important thing when you remove the rocker cover is to flick the plug cap off from *Underneath* by inserting a long, thin, screwdriver into the cooling tunnel just above the exhaust manifold and prying the cap off the plug. DO NOT pull them off from the top!

Yes, *Wing* off, plug cap cover off, (Remove badge and 3mm Allen screw that holds on cover.) pry off cap from below and then remove four button head bolts that secure the cover and lift off.

CrazyBiker likes this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:21 pm

Bolt is 8mm X 40mm 1.25 pitch. Washer outside diameter is 25 mm

Stock ones look like this but most anything will do.

Back to top Go down
Tazmanian
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tazmanian

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:20 pm

guzziownr wrote:
Bolt is 8mm X 40mm 1.25 pitch. Washer outside diameter is 25 mm

Stock ones look like this but most anything will do.

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:53 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Tazmanian! Congrats on the "new" GRiSO. You'll love it, especially if you follow the sage advice of the experts here (see above).

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Tazmanian
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tazmanian

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:19 pm

Indeed! I originally intended to just have a sample of its flavour and sell it down the line. But now i can't see myself parting with it!
I feel quite distraught about the LCD burnout thou. This should be forewarned more often to other new owners. Maybe the age of my bike is one of the factors as well.
I also note the right exhaust pipe inlet runs perhaps a bit too close to the lower lip fairing. The constant heat has caused the paint to "bubble" up and suffer a small chip off.

What surprised me the most was how comfortable the bike was and how natural the seating angle is. Fits like a glove and easy to turn in.
Compared to the Vulcan 1500, GRiSO is more comfortable, has more character, better fuel mileage, lighter & less heat!
Compared to the Hyperstrada 821, GRiSO has better front forks, less buzzy acceleration, more puff at the top rev range & cruise-friendly fueling
Compared to the Yamaha MT-09 Tracer, GRiSO lacks luggage practicality (without spoiling its beautiful lines) & ease of low speed traffic manners; but compensates with GRiSO loads of character & style.

Oz1200Guzzi and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 am

welcome Tazmanian!
this is the right place for GRiSO owners!  ghetto  
I recall some threads about the LCD screens. seems like this was a temporary issue for some.
search the site and see what comes up

enjoy your GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:14 pm

Welcome to the club, Tazmanian. That is a great-looking GRiSO you have. It is most likely due to the lousy quality of my laptop screen, but to me your bike looks more grey than green. But, having said that, it is a VERY beautiful grey!!
(and I love that seat too!!!)

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:18 pm

Welcome Tazmanian
Lovely looking GRiSO

Strangely, in UK, I had not heard of the sunburnt lcd  feature

Moto degs likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has a Tenni in Singapore!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:24 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Welcome Tazmanian
Lovely looking GRiSO

Strangely, in UK, I had not heard of the sunburnt lcd  feature

So, rain or sun, the dash doesn't like extremes of either. Awesome   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:01 am

faded: are you sure it isn't just fog / humidity inside ?
Back to top Go down
CrazyBiker
Carlotto
Carlotto
CrazyBiker

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:52 pm

Congratulations on finding the best looking GRiSO!

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tazmanian
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tazmanian

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:38 am

Pawel Spoon wrote:
faded: are you sure it isn't just fog / humidity inside ?
Here is how it looks... I'm not sure how would best describe it. The dark spots causes the black wordings on display to be faded and harder to read.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:22 am

I've has an LCD screen blank out on me through overheating. That was on my Mana GT in Kansas on an absurdly hot day when I'd parked in the sun while I went into a diner to have lunch. When I came out the screen just didn't function at all, I can't remember if it blacked out though.......? Anyway, I rode for 20 miles and then stopped, turned the bike off for a minute and everything returned to normal when I turned the key back on.

Certainly mine on my GRiSO has done some pretty odd things if I am stupid enough to leave it uncovered while parked in the hot summer sun but it's never been a 'Long term' problem and as soon as it cools it's always, so far, come good.

I can only assume that the screen of the LCD has been compromised in some way? Probably the only *Cure* would be a new dash? You could try super-cooling it by putting a plastic bag of ice on it for a while but in all honesty I can't see how that would do any good. Who knows?

Anyway, if you get a new dash I would strongly advise carrying something like a dark coloured shower cap or the like to stick over it if you have to park it in direct sunlight.

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:41 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Anyway, if you get a new dash I would strongly advise carrying something like a dark coloured shower cap or the like to stick over it if you have to park it in direct sunlight.

Wouldn't a white or light coloured shower cap be better?  The dark colours absorb more heat.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 pm

It's basically to just block out the light and heat. Probably a tinfoil hat would be best! Laughing

Oz1200Guzzi and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:35 am

Welcome aboard Tazmanian.

Pete, I had a different problem with my LCD after over-exposure to the sun. I seem to recall you got me to disconnect the battery, put the key in and turn it to 'ignition' and then leave it overnight - or something along those lines. I wonder if that might help Tazmanian?
Back to top Go down
Tazmanian
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tazmanian

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:10 pm

Some pics of my GRiSO after i've done a detailed wash, wax & polish.

Shot with SONY A7R w/Minolta MD III 50mm F1.2

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, LBC Tenni, lcjohnny, Richard and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:44 pm

Looks great!

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:03 pm

Absolutely stunning!!

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:06 am

the brushed alu wind shield is cool. where did you get it from ?

update:i see it was there from the beginning. can you tell me the brand though ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia   New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New 8V SE "Tenni" owner in Malaysia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next